Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 41TE/604 operated by Megasquirt

Hybrid booster

Re: 41TE/604 operated by Megasquirt

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    is there anything US production that is the same that can be used? hardware wise....that can be flashed or socketed and burn a chip to run said code....?

i doubt anyone is going to do that.... especially without having a tuneable controller to make the trans live.

yes they do. but a working controller is key to all the hardware. there are a large percentage of folks on here that can do hardware and mechanicals.... the electronics are the hard part for many.

im a facilitator by nature. i desire to find a working combination of parts that most can obtain and put together to make their combo work..... even if mine doesnt run.

hence why whenever i got info on how to tune these things, i taught as many people to do it themselves as possible.

its also why i hassle you from time to time.... cause you have the info and i want to spread it around.

Brian
    I'll see if any Mexican controllers remain here......
    Last edited by 5DIGITS; 11-17-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I am lucky in that all the cars I care about the 604 for have factory 604 cases (3.3/3.8, 3.0, 2.4).

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

I have started looking for a 2.2 TCM and I'll also take pics of the Mexican 41TE bell housing, for reference.
    The location change for the starter bell is the item of interest - many of the mounting bolt locations should be carry over from the 2.2 to the 2.4.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

If I get a TCM from a newer car, like a '99 300M or something, would it work in my '91 Daytona with the 3.0 V6? Or are the inputs different due to crank triggers vs distributor? I think the only inputs on the early ones are rpm, vehicle speed and TPS, is it any different in the later models? Does it matter at all if it's 4 or 6 cyl?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Yes they're different. The pinouts of all the tcms changed right about ~1996 even with same engine. Also, I dont think the newer and older ways of determining shifter position (range sensor et al) play nice so i'm not sure you can use a newer TCM unless you also use a newer case that uses the newer style range sensor.

I still have my 97 Intrepid Autostick TCM. I planned to adapt it to my 1990 3.8L Dynasty.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

If something was modifiable and standalone, I wouldnt worry about what wires it needed, I would obtain. I can't use a system when I have thrown away stock for aftermarket EMS. I do know that Syke tuning can modify the late 90's transmission stuff but you really need a complete factory wiring setup.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    If something was modifiable and standalone, I wouldnt worry about what wires it needed, I would obtain. I can't use a system when I have thrown away stock for aftermarket EMS. I do know that Syke tuning can modify the late 90's transmission stuff but you really need a complete factory wiring setup.
    At this point, Syked Tuning only covers 07+ transmissions according to their website.

turbo addict

I can personally tell you that Syked absolutely can do JTEC back to at least 1998, and that DOES include transmission controls. My truck beta tested their handheld with FRP doing the tune. I stood there and watched. Ryan changed the lock-up scheduling and a couple of other things.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    I can personally tell you that Syked absolutely can do JTEC back to at least 1998, and that DOES include transmission controls. My truck beta tested their handheld with FRP doing the tune. I stood there and watched. Ryan changed the lock-up scheduling and a couple of other things.
    I was aware that they can do JTEC and now SBEC3, but didn't know that they could do transmission control. That's good news since my 2.4/41te Omni is running a 02 Status harness. Would be nice to be able to make it shift firmer and quicker.

turbo addict

OK, so apparently JTEC transmission control and the car/van transmission control are a bit different. I know it can do SRT-4 stuff, so I'd imagine PT/GT, but I don't know if that does in fact cover the transmission control. I will try to find out.

Garrett booster

I contacted Kevin and he said he isn't going to support the eatx controller. So no 41te support until NGC.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    OK, so apparently JTEC transmission control and the car/van transmission control are a bit different. I know it can do SRT-4 stuff, so I'd imagine PT/GT, but I don't know if that does in fact cover the transmission control. I will try to find out.
    The JTEC and SBEC's will not control the 41TE transmission.
    The JTEC and SBEC's were limited to controlling the partially electronic transmissions (31TH LU only, 42/44/46/47RE, etc..).
    In cases where the fully electronic transmissions (41TE, 42LE, 45/545RFE, etc..) were used in conjunction with a JTEC or SBEC; an EATX controller was present to manage the transmission.

Garrett booster

Somebody mentioned installing a potentiometer in series with the output of one of the transmission sensors in order to increase line pressure. Do the 41TEs have a line pressure sensor? Could be a simple way to firm up shifts quickly when needed.

Maybe instead of tuning the TCM, we could fiddle with sensor outputs to trick the behavior of the TCM...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Zoskalon View Post
    Somebody mentioned installing a potentiometer in series with the output of one of the transmission sensors in order to increase line pressure. Do the 41TEs have a line pressure sensor? Could be a simple way to firm up shifts quickly when needed.

Maybe instead of tuning the TCM, we could fiddle with sensor outputs to trick the behavior of the TCM...
    With adaptive adjustment it doesn't work that way.
    For example:
    If LP is increased the controller will still have a desired level for shift control.
    This may produce an immediate 'good feel' but it will be followed by the adaptive control re-adjusting to gain nominal control.
    In short, it will be short lived.
    It's no different than the aftermarket engine controllers that feel awesome out of the box but go soft when everything settles.
    When this occurs, they lack proper cals to support long term satisfaction and goals.

Garrett booster

I see what you mean. It makes sense.

turbo addict

Well, in case someone is looking for an answer.

41TE support is officially removed from MegaShift software.

Actual codes are removed.

http://www.msextra.com/downloads/dev...pre-1-1-beta1/

41TE No longer supported supported in the official release.
    http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/Trans_Control-1.1.pdf

turbo addict

No surprise there...unfortunately...

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i never really paid attention to what the development of megashift 41te looked like or who was involved.

im guessing if there were more knowledgeable folks working with the MS guys and making sure they programmed it based on the patent docs and stuff, then it may have gotten off the ground.

truth is, the 41te is a pain in the --- even if it has good strong hardware.

with few working on reverse engineering the controller over here, it may never get diy tuning control.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Garrett booster

For a drag setup the PCS controller can be used. Do they list it on there site? No. But it can be used since your under a WOT condition constantly.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    For a drag setup the PCS controller can be used. Do they list it on there site? No. But it can be used since your under a WOT condition constantly.
    I didn't think the PCS was even made anymore?

Even still, yes, it can be used, but it requires constant fiddling from what I remember the few people who used it saying (NSRT-4 guys). It doesn't have the capability of adapting to the wear, so it has to be done manually.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast