Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post

It is not meant to be a secret, it is just that our members get the word first, as a courtesy to them.
It is dumb. I mean even the real world dynamics don't make sense. If they are so old they don't get email how would they even know it came out on the internet first? And why would they care? Funny as the world has changed so much we are focused on how we did ---- back in the day. before the internet was thing. Maybe we should ditch the custom tunes and go back to g-valves and cold start injectors...

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
The thing is, unless you experience our event for yourself, you have no idea what you are missing.
Barry are you coming out of retirement? I assume you didn't miss the last Memphis SDAC because it was to far away? I am sure it was the heat?

I'd say the SDAC needs to figure out what it is. What it was and what it needs to be going forward. The community is shrinking. These are car aren't new with value. They are rotted out, broke down and not worth much. How do you turn that around?

If the SDAC's life line is 60 year olds that require a snail mailed newletters I'd say it won't be around much longer. What is that the SDAC does? Preinternet the tech hotline was a good thing for members, as well as the newletter. Fast forward to a world of internet and smartphones, well you get all of that and more for free. So all that is left is for the SDAC to put on a car show? Not sure we need an exclusive club for that. Just put on a car show, it is open to everyone anyways.

I like and support the SDAC but I am not sure what my yearly dues really fund. If it just for the car show that could be rolled in to the cost of the show. If anything I'd like to see the SDAC figure out how to get people back in to the community. New folks that want to fix up and restore these old cars. And maybe some new shirt designs that instead of these 25 year old graphics.