Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passanger side mount -PITA

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Passanger side mount -PITA

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wish I knew what you do that causes vibration with my mounts.
    I have installed many into many different cars and it has not caused vibration.
    Why? Or is it a car with vibration no matter what mounts are installed?
    NVH is subjective. Most people love their Hooker Headers. I believe the only place for headers are in the scrap metal dumpster. Does a 2.2 vibrate more than a 2.5 with the balance shafts? Manufacturing tolerances?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S with a full 89 Shelby swap, back on the road and soon to be painted (and lose that Oggie Fisher black) 83 Porsche 944, 5 speed, all stock. 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 5 speed, daily driver. 2017 Trek 1.2 bicycle.

I'm about to throw a wrench into the works. Today I replace the right side motor mount. The old mount was installed in the incorrect direction. That's how it was when I removed it from the 89 Shelby. I replaced it with a Anchor 2600 mount and installed it in the Gary Donovan recommended position. Well the hood wouldn't close. The drip tray under hood louvers was hitting the valve cover and removing the 1/4 inch was no help. So I reinstalled the mount in the incorrect direction and then replaced the other two. I'm not concerned, the car drives fine, I just figured I pass this along.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170220_135717352.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	60151
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S with a full 89 Shelby swap, back on the road and soon to be painted (and lose that Oggie Fisher black) 83 Porsche 944, 5 speed, all stock. 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 5 speed, daily driver. 2017 Trek 1.2 bicycle.

turbo addict

.. hitting the valve cover or your TII intake

84-86 turbo z and lazer with the vented hood require removal of the dribble pan to clear the intake .. everytime

- and , if your wireing at the rear of the motor is in fair condition you don't need the dribble pan anyway
    rain , no prob
    packed full of snow under hood .. still no problem

and yes it will fill with snow on top of the intake lol

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    I'm about to throw a wrench into the works. Today I replace the right side motor mount. The old mount was installed in the incorrect direction. That's how it was when I removed it from the 89 Shelby. I replaced it with a Anchor 2600 mount and installed it in the Gary Donovan recommended position. Well the hood wouldn't close. The drip tray under hood louvers was hitting the valve cover and removing the 1/4 inch was no help. So I reinstalled the mount in the incorrect direction and then replaced the other two. I'm not concerned, the car drives fine, I just figured I pass this along.

Interesting....I assume you engine is level now in the current position
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

The top of the valve cover is parallel with the top radiator support, so l'm guessing it's level. I'm using a one piece intake manifold. The only thing that was removed was a little spout riveted to the drip tray. I recently installed a Tll engine into my friend's 86 Daytona Turbo Z with a two piece intake manifold and only need to remove the spout to get the hood to close on his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post
    .. hitting the valve cover or your TII intake

84-86 turbo z and lazer with the vented hood require removal of the dribble pan to clear the intake .. everytime

- and , if your wireing at the rear of the motor is in fair condition you don't need the dribble pan anyway
    rain , no prob
    packed full of snow under hood .. still no problem

and yes it will fill with snow on top of the intake lol
    It was hitting the valve cover. I only drive the Daytona in good weather, I have another vehicle for that. But regardless I like having every shield and cover in place, even if they seem insignificant.
    I just looked at my phone's pictures of my friends engine install. I basically pulled everything off his original engine and bolted it to the Tll engine. His R/S motor mount is orientated like mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4079.jpeg 
Views:	165 
Size:	492.1 KB 
ID:	60161

turbo addict

That pic blown up sure looks like the cradle is on top of the mount and it's just bulged from sag at the bottom. The drip tray shouldn't hit the VC, The VC is in the same spot on a suckthrough motor as it is on a blowthrough setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12