Thread: Looking for a set of flex fuel injectors with rail

Mitsu booster

Looking for a set of flex fuel injectors with rail

As the title says. I would really be interested in purchasing the FFV fuel rail with injectors if anyone has this. I don't need the wiring. I have the ECU located and just have to go get it about 2 hours from me at the junkyard, however if someone has a 93 94 Spirit/Acclaim FFV ECU as well as the other stuff and would be interested in doing a package deal, I would love to be able to work something out. I'm done with the TBI Dakota after I took a chunk out of number 2 piston 300 miles after a new HG and bumped up CR, one thing I did wrong was not run colder plugs I assume, ran awesome though while it lasted. Looked like a 50,000 motor when I had it apart (previous owner had replaced it). Guess I shouldn't have tried to mess with it. So the 104,000 I got with a reman head will be its third lol. The 95 truck 2.5 ECU is very similar in pinout to the flex fuel, really only need to add a some circuits. Finding a blend sensor seems impossible (have one?), so i will just run .5V to that pin. According to my manual, the flex fuel ECU will default to the last blend sensor reading when the sensor dies, so I might be able to get away with a one shot .5V signal = pure gas, or close. I need MPFI!! My 86 turbo woody wagon just needs some body work underneath finished up and she's on the road (YEAH!!), stock for now. Anyway, if anyone has what I'm looking for, let me know. I'm in Williamsport PA 17701, the rail + injectors in a suitable box weighs 3.8 lbs or so, in case you need to calculate shipping before giving a price, I don't expect this stuff for free, so I will gladly pay accordingly (but try to take it easy on me lol I'm not exactly rich) Thank you for your time.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Re: Looking for a set of flex fuel injectors with rail

I'm curious what you're up to and why you need FF injectors and rail??

I have a rail and injectors for $100.00 shipped if you cant find any closer and cheaper.

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I have a rail and braided lines. No injectors tho. PM me an offer.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Mitsu booster

Awesome guys, thanks for the replies. Randy, I am in the process of converting my 95 2.5 Dakota from TBI to MPFI. I toyed with the idea of going turbo, but what I'm really after is MPG. Plus I got the turbo wagon so that gets to go fast. My truck is down to 2900 lbs (without driver), I made an aluminum driveshaft from one I found laying on the ground at the junkyard, saved 11 lbs of rotating mass and more than an inch smaller in diameter. Even with the TBI I was averaging 27 mpg. After doing the HG last month and a few mods, I blew it up on the highway within 300 miles. I concluded it was leaned out plus I didn't go colder on the plugs with the new CR, basically I screwed up. I'm putting a new motor in soon, and after much thought and planning, I would rather not trick a turbo ECU to run NA, nor batch fire four injectors at once with my TBI electronics, I want to do it right. After studying pinouts amd wiring diagrams for both my truck and FFV spirit (thankfully have both manuals at hand), it appears it is less complicated than I thought. I have all kinds of connectors and a few 60 ways laying around, mostly from Jeeps and Dakotas I've hacked up for parts, Chrysler was smart to make so many things compatible, I've found so many things in common between TM's and pre-obd-2 Jeeps electronic wise, connectors, etc.
    Not gonna happen overnight, but it will happen. I guess technically I wouldn't need the flex fuel injectors, I have to do some more research to pick something close, and I prefer 4 pintle style (I've seen the benefits repeated empirically, always consistent) so I hope to find something compatible like that. Similar Z value, four hole, ev1's approximate to 37's give or take.
    So thanks Randy, if all else fails I'll check back with you. I would be content with the rail, and Mike is in my state, much more closer lol, so I'll see what we can come up with hopefully. Plus after calling JY's all morning, one about 1.5 hour away has the rail still listed as current inventory, so I'll see what they come up with, they're sending a guy out to look at the car (hard to believe it's still there!)
    Thanks again
    Mike, PM will be sent, thanks for your response, sounds like you have what I need.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Keep us posted on your build!!

A guy on the other forum converted his Acclaim to MPFI a while back using the FFV stuff I believe.

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I switched my Jeep from old style spray to the 4-nozzle style. Went to slightly bigger ones at that. I gained some idle quality and possibly a tiny bit of MPG. Hard to tell because it seems mostly stop n go driving. Definitely gained some power at heavy throttle though. I had suspected it was under-fueled due to some minor modifications.

I remember reading a thread years ago of a guy that converted his Turismo to MPI using a TII intake manifold using Megasquirt for management and ended up with some spectacular MPG numbers.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=