Since the Omni has been down for the last year and looks like it will be for several months more I decided to buy another daily driver. I came across this 90 Spirit 2.5 turbo 5 speed and was pretty impressed with its condition. Look at the pictures in order and see if you can guess the mileage.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This car is really clean inside and out. Someone has evidently restored it some time in the past. Even the headliner is in near perfect shape. The engine runs as good as any stock 2.5 turbo I've driven and the clutch and trans are pretty much flawless. I need to get the two plastic parts that have teeth on them inside the clutch pedal for the self adjusting clutch cable. The front motor mount is worn out. Other than that it just needs some paint touch up and general service work. I plan to do the mandatory intercooler install and bump the boost to 12 or 13 psi with a turbonator cal. It has working a/c, power windows and locks. Even though its a manual it has cruise control. I have found no cigarette burns anywhere in the interior. Now here is what I don't understand about the car. Look at that speedometer reading. 290,300 miles! A mistake or maybe someone changed the cluster from a high mileage car? I don't know but I plan on getting a carfax and see what's up. It has an R title and the only damage I can find is the rear bumper cover and tail lights have been replaced and the trunk lid appears to have had some body work. The trunk floor and spare tire well are original as well as the sub frame. There is no rust anywhere underneath so I'm pretty sure its not spent very many if any winters in the snow. I'm really happy with the car and can't wait to get it on the road.

[IMG][/IMG]