Thread: TBI Code Base?

Garrett booster

TBI Code Base?

Does anyone have or know how I could get a code base for a TBI 2.5. or even a 2.2

I am wanting to see how the spark advance is set up on them so I can copy it for my tune.

Before I get responses asking why I would want to do that or explaining that this will not work I am not running a turbo. What I have is a Common bock 2.5 TBI engine which I have put a Turbo intake on along with the turbo wiring, logic module, power module, and distributor. I did this because I wanted the multiport fuel injection as well as the ability to tune the computer. The car does have more power in part throttle than before but it acts funny at WOT. It doesn't seem to be running too rich so I am thinking that the computer is pulling the timing back based on the TPS reading?

One last note on this is that this car is a 100% track car. It is never driven on the street it is specifically just for dirt track racing so drive-ability on the street is not an issue

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by enduro74; 01-30-2017 at 09:43 PM.

turbo addict

Re: TBI Code Base?

If you don't get much of a response, let me know I could hook up the scanner and record a WOT run in my TBI car to see what the timing is. Sure, it's not a complete map but it could get you started.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Set it up like an old school V8- Basically the car starts and the timing advances to one spot and done.

Move the advance/retard map tables to zero and have the governor advance table pop to 30 degrees over 1500 rpm and stay there. Advance timing or retard for best performance from there.

Working on clearing the decks.

Mitsu booster

Exactly what mopar-tech said.

What we used to do with Honda engines was get a safe ignition into the chip emulator: 12-ish deg at idle until 2k, then 25-ish deg above 2k. See how it runs, and tweak on the spot.