I decided a few weeks ago that I need to start saving up money to put a SRT4 motor into old Matchbox. I have already crunched the numbers and figure that I only need about 220 hp to run 12.8s and that would be after an over estimated gain of 200 lbs with the swap...going up to 2090 from its current 1890 My 05 SRT4 when stock ran 14.01, 14.01, and 14.00 at 101, 101, and 100 mph....after mods it much more inconsistent, about a huge .40 from pass to pass, but being at the fast end of the bracket all I needed was a great light then barely beat them across the line...not to mention how much fun I had back then. So, being unable to borrow money for the parts needed, I purchased a bone stock 03 PT Cruiser turbo GT. Plan is to drive it around some, modify it only up to where my 05 SRT4 was when near stock...then when its paid off I can use it for the swap. I let it idle for almost an hour to see if there would be any bad smells or wiffs of smoke, neither there...then drove the crap out of it for a half hour. The sales guy went with me and was cool with it. I was SHOCKED at how smooth the non-NVT shifted! It was a full hour from my house and the drive back was extremely smooth and quiet. It was nice to buy an unboogered car to start on. The only immediate plan is to polish out the faded lights and fill with premium. I asked during the drive what gas was put in since it seemed to be pulling timing when in upper rpms...he said he had filled it with regular. The last oil change sticker said it was changed in July with 5w30, so that needs to be done too. They stuck in a new battery too since the one in it could not start it in the cold. Bright blue color and aftermarket rims,new tires, no rips on the leather.

- - - Updated - - -

The body has a small amount of rot at the bottom of the rockers, just in front of the rear tires on both sides...about 2" by 4" of bubbling.