Thread: Meth Injection

Mitsu booster

Meth Injection

Hi,I'm planning on running 25psi boost and was thinking of adding a Snow Performance stage 2 methanol system.Has anyone used this?Thoughts and ideas would greatly be appreciated

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Meth Injection

Works if you are stuck using pump gas. A good intercooler and race gas works better.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

I have had decent luck using meth injection. I used it more for the charge air cooling and a *little* added safety for the engine just in case I got bad gas (it was a street driven car). I used to live in Florida and during the summer I could do a hard pull, pop the hood right after and there would be condensation on the intake from how cool it was. On the dyno it did not make any appreciable difference, but as I said, I wasn't using it for its power potential.

boostaholic

I have ran safely up to 24 PSI on BP 93 Premium Gas on a TIII, I am not sure how well this translates to an 8 valve.

Mitsu booster

This is a street car no race gas.I'm using the big NPR Izuzu intercooler

Hybrid booster

I had meth on an 87 Buick T Type that I was boosting pretty heavily. Sold the car to a kid and he shut it off for some reason. Was racing a Vette and BOOM! El roddo through blocko.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

It works and it's cheaper than race gas for a daily driver; you don't even have to run methanol, distilled water at $1/gal or less works great by itself but in B.C. it would be wise to run 50/50 so it doesn't freeze. Only downside is if it quits working for any reason, then your engine is toast, so reliability and idiot light fail safes are important.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    I have ran safely up to 24 PSI on BP 93 Premium Gas on a TIII, I am not sure how well this translates to an 8 valve.
    Is this with or without meth injection?

boostaholic

Without, I choose e85 now when I turn it up past 24psi, I can safely hit 36psi then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Without, I choose e85 now when I turn it up past 24psi, I can safely hit 36psi then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang I wish I could get that kind of boost. I fight detonation at 18 psi and e85 is near impossible to find around here. What's your secret?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Dang I wish I could get that kind of boost. I fight detonation at 18 psi and e85 is near impossible to find around here. What's your secret?
    4 valve heads tolerate decent boost plus the aftermarket cals seem like they have low timing
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    2.5 swirl head heavy car is a hard combo to keep knock away.... that is if you have a swirl head still.

i still get a deg or two pulled in 4th gear at 18-20psi.

when i had a jerry rigged water/alky system, i could push 25psi with no knock.

and it was ghetto. fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, vw cold start injectors, hobbes pressure switches, windshield washer fluid. but it worked for the summer i had it on the car.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.