Me being me, I started to create a usb interface for sci, but need to order some chips because discrete bjt transistors were screwing up signal timing.. so I rewired it to a com pretty and lo and behold... I dumped a 360 rom using code from the bootloader reworked. Anyone interested in the bin can get in touch with me and I'll get it to them. Also have another ecm but it's still in my Jeep. Next step is to flash my flashable ECU. I'd love to use my interface instead of the com port because 9600 baud is pretty slow. Wrote a simple wrapper to upload the command bins and dump and flash. Idea was to first get the rom dumped, then uploaded to the flashable ECU and put it in the Jeep and verify operation. Then move on to injector resize and map rescale for the 2bar td map sensor. (While still running na) then add boost. So I'm closer to my bench setup.

So contrary to what been posted as yes you can dump/flash roms without an adapter. It does bend the protocol on both ends but works. Minor risk to both the computer and ECU. You could modify the rom to allow drb function at a standard baud rate but it would be limited to Slow.