So, we've been kicking around some discussions lately and wanted to try and keep my discussions organized and seperated a bit from my main build thread.

Quick summary: Meanmini has a replacement fuel tank that apparently has no sump baffles. She has a Walbro 255 lph HP and has no fuel issues normally. However...
At Cecil running just under 1/4 tank and launching harder than she ever has (due to slowly stepping things up) she found her limiting factor - fuel slosh and pump starvation.

Randy (GLHS60) has suggested running the newer style pump housing or the newer jet pump technology. I just scored this 1994 pump module from ebay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...192801&alt=web
I really just need the reservoir and hanger as i'll have to try to fit my walbro inside.
These newer modules have the sender built in, but in 89 they used a seperate sender. It appears the resistances are the same. I could use everything on the new module and use the wiring harness to make the conversion.
The 1994 fuel tank has one opening, but has no baffles either. If i used it to get rid of the seperate sender hole, then i would end up again with no sump baffles.

My thought was to also change fuel tanks to the Dorman 576013 which has a baffled sump.

I want to fix this once, since i have to go back into this unexpectedly. If with this newer style pump hanger with a built in reservoir there is no further benefit to be had by having a baffled sump, then i might be better to either simply install the new retrofit into my existing tank, or get the 94 tank and eliminate the seperate sender. No really sure which to do.

shackwrrr or Vigo had mentioned about using the newer reservoir style hanger and fitting the older pump to it. If you have some further tips or suggestions i would appreciate any input, or from others who may have done similar.

If i had more time and money when Brian had Mini for all his other great work, it would have been nice to have the tank sumped and an external pump. But one can only do so much and i already had this walbro 255 in tank pump ready for the buildup.

I did watch a cool Airtex fuel pump installation video, which said the vans had a fuel tank drain line. I had noticed a stub fuel line with a cap but never knew what it was for. I figured it was some emission stuff that was plugged.
https://youtu.be/t5JX_AATbtM