Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sdac 27!!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Sdac 27!!

Ok, since 2017 might be shaping up to be the Battle of the 11 second Big Boxes, I just wanted to throw out a request for consideration. It would be nice if the SDAC27 location was situated to allow for Joe_Van_Duno, MILKCARTON, myself, and anyone else with an 11 second minivan by then (Paul Smith, Vigo, Rrider, shackwrrr, Dan Culkin, BigPSI, etc...) to be able to make it.
    For me, I think Memphis at 12 hrs away was pretty much my distance threshold. I know plenty of folks travel longer than that, but i als hope my wife can make it to one at some point.

Anyway just throwing that out there. Joe and Tracey, how far you guys comfortable traveling? Would be curious where those ranges overlap.

This isn't a call out, I'm not that corky. Just a friendly invitation. 11second minivan exhibition. ..
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Sdac 27!!

Does that even overlap? I don't have a compass and map handy, but I doubt Vigo and Mikcarton could overlap with you and Joe.

boostaholic

Its a 15 hour haul, but I think my Town and Country hauler might be up to it... And I have never been to a SDAC event...It really depends on events leading up to it, what month?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Usually SDAC is the weekend after Fathers day in June.

Location depends a lot on a host chapter
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Garrett booster

I think it would be really awesome to get all the "top" vans together. Be even cooler if the host track had some sort of grudge racing that weekend, and we all showed up for some test and tune. Just think of the peoples reactions. 3, 4, maybe 5 vans come rolling in on trailers, and start beating up on everyone at the track. That would be fun!!!

Playing with a web page that draws a circle with a set radius. It looks like St. Louis might be the closest major town that is sort of in the middle of Wayne and Tracey, (not sure where everyone else lives, and to lazy to look it up) but not sure if there is even a St. Louis SDAC chapter that is active. It would still be over 800 miles for both of you, for me it is an easy 250.

turbo addict

I've been telling myself for the last 4 years that I wanted to go but have yet to get anything figured out. The van is at the point now that this spring it should be ready for it's first drag runs. With my tow rig I should be good for at least a 6-7hr drive. I lived within easy driving distance of both Indy and detroit but I was in college at the time and was poor.

I live just a touch too far to make it to buckeye chapter meetings, I would help do some planning if I was closer.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict

Indy would put wayne at 10hrs, milkcarton at 15 or so hrs, so that would be doable. Columbus(hebron) is another easy access location
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

I wouldn't expect the SDAC admins to cater to the few of us. I was just tossing it out there as maybe the tie-breaker if there is a toss up of potential venues.
    Although, if the majority of national SDAC event goers would think it cool to see an 11 second van shootout, then maybe it can all work out.

I don't even have any clue as to clubs submitting hosting proposals. I know there doesn't seem to be a chapter anywhere very close to me, although i think there is one in VA? But anything too far east would likely make Tracey's attentance questionable.
    In any case, i thought now would be the best time to start talking about it, since the location has yet to be publicized.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

turbo addict

Well I can tell you that Indy is off the radar unless I get contacted by someone requesting us to do something. I haven't been able to plan local stuff much less another SDAC.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

So now I have to build up the Voyager?

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    So now I have to build up the Voyager?
    If all you were waiting for was this thread to motivate you, then YES, you need to build up the Voyager!
    The fastest vans are all Dodges, so the Plymouth crowd needs to get cracking!
    Wayne H.

Hybrid booster

My van was a plymouth.. but it wasn't fast by today's standards.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

The way life works out half will be broken on that date so basing the entire SDAC on a 4 van grudge might be pushing it. Reaper1 actually had to put in effort to get all the way there. 12 hours is a cheap day trip.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    The way life works out half will be broken on that date so basing the entire SDAC on a 4 van grudge might be pushing it. Reaper1 actually had to put in effort to get all the way there. 12 hours is a cheap day trip.
    Awww, don't be such a kill-joy!
    I was a couple years too late for "Top Van" competition, but think it would be cool to try and get a bunch of fast vans together. Tracey hasn't even been to an SDAC before and has a pedigreed 11 second van. Joe is up for some motivating challenge, and i just want to get out to race Mini some more and see if she can hold her own without N2O.
    Anyone else who wants in wouldn't be turned away.
    I just hope wherever SDAC is held we find out earlier than last year since some of us don't have an easy time taking PTO.
    Until it gets announced, the dates aren't even definite in my opinion.
    Wayne H.

I have secured the weekend after Father's Day, but would like to know if we are close yo finding out a venue for 27. Last year kept us in suspense a bit too long, so hopefully we find out a bit earlier this year.
    Is there any info on what locations are in the running?
    Wayne H.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    some of us don't have an easy time taking PTO.
    Until it gets announced, the dates aren't even definite in my opinion.
    It would be a really good idea to switch the format from running the racing program / event on an actual weekend vs through the week like almost every event has been done in the past- eg fri sat sun. almost all of us cant take off work through the week like that therefore makes it impossible for most of us to even consider attending. most people can take off one day through the week and attend a weekend event but taking off almost an entire work week is just not possible, as most employers arent too cool with you leaving them high and dry for almost an entire week.

Track rental is much more $$$$ on a weekend day.
    Also most tracks have their own programs on weekends.
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crusty shadow View Post
    It would be a really good idea to switch the format from running the racing program / event on an actual weekend vs through the week like almost every event has been done in the past- eg fri sat sun. almost all of us cant take off work through the week like that therefore makes it impossible for most of us to even consider attending. most people can take off one day through the week and attend a weekend event but taking off almost an entire work week is just not possible, as most employers arent too cool with you leaving them high and dry for almost an entire week.
    Quote Originally Posted by turboshadow View Post
    Track rental is much more $$$$ on a weekend day.
    Also most tracks have their own programs on weekends.
    As turboshadow mentioned, the track rental prices are higher on weekends. How much? Depends on the track, but they can double or more on weekends for a private rental. Yes, to date, we have had "private" rentals with only our group which is great because it is our event and our racers can make as many runs as they or their cars can take, but 100% of the cost is on us.

SDAC-27 still TBD, and now we are in the new year (some tracks wont even talk before Jan 1) we're planning to figure it out ASAP. ...stay tuned

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Staying tuned as requested, but getting antsy.
    Can you provide any update?
    The natives are getting restless as they say...
    What areas are in the running at least?
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

I know it will be "out east" as in... west of the Mississippi.
    I really enjoy the trip, but not sure this year "yet".
    I still want to do Carlisle one of these years again.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast