My '89 Turbo GTC needs all the brakes replaced (again lol). I've never been really happy with it's stopping ability, it stopped but never really felt like it was really grabbing like it should, even after installing the 1.25" truck master cyl. Always felt like I had to stand on them, and i don't think it would ever lock up or a dry clean surface no matter how hard I stood on it. Granted, it weighed right around 3300# with me in it and had 215/50/17 BFG's on it, but still. It just never had that confidence-inspiring, throw you against the seatbelt performance to it.

I've been pondering it at length, and I'm thinking it may have been due to the Wagner pads i was running. My brother had a similar issue on an F250 he put Wagner TQ's on, wouldn't stop good and pedal always felt semi-soft. Switched to Performance Friction pads and it fixed it. I've been running the semi-metallic TQ's since they were name brand, but got more dissatisfied as time went on. Emergency stops were always a bit sketchy, and never could fully trust them when pushing it in the mountains, in fact I never ran hard downhill due to lack of confidence in them. Calipers were all new, rotors were new (actually twice, replaced the fronts once since owning and they were new when I got the car). I greased slides, bled the system several times, made sure calipers were on the right sides (yes I flipped a set in the rear once, took me a week to realize the bleed screws don't expel air from the caliper well when they point down hehe), replaced the master, prop valve, everything I could think of.

So, my concensus is it had to be the pads not working well. I'm in the middle of the 2.5 TIII swap in it, and noticed all the rotors need replacing again, as well as 50% wear on the pads. So, I want to replace everything again, with the best street performance stuff I can get. I've read several times on here that Porterfields are great pads, so been leaning towards them. I found this site that that offers them at a pretty good price, along with some rotor options. I'm thinking of getting the Porterfield pads and the SP slotted rotors. Unless someone sees a better set of options on there?

https://www.topbrakes.com/c/car-items/5117

Or if there's a site with other/better options, I'm all ears, or eyes rather

I thought about switching to SRT4 spindles and running a Wilwood big brake kit, but I'd rather keep my bolt-in hub setup if I can make it stop good enough on the 11" vented setup with the right parts.