Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Going away present

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Re: Going away present

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I'm sure a woman is involved...
    Could just be life.

At some point you have time decide how much time you think you have left and how you want to spend it. I just sold off my gold 1971 Plymouth SSP as I honestly didn't see myself driving it in the near future. Bunch of other stuff being cleared out too.

Even getting the Reliant back in track form is going to be a stretch for me, lots on my plate. I have tinkered with finding a "twin" and building a semi-clone for fun but this has proven fruitless as most candidates I have located are too far away or rotted. So it will go to Brian and we will see what can be done.

Even if the Reliant is back up to speed next year there is still a Dart that has been waiting since 2012.. The GTX will be converted back to 4-speed and power steering after its next track outing... I still have 4 windows in the house that need replacement..

Time.

Working on clearing the decks.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    not being critical at all. just trying to learn and understand from the best. what a great commentary. btw, what does the I-box provide that the drb/otc/etc devices can't do?
    High speed data acquisition with 'on the fly' calibration capability.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post
    I'm not big on the programming side of this, but what I want to know is, Where are you going? You ok?
    I'm fine and yes there is an amazing woman involved - that supports my decisions and me in every way.

After 30 years of this stuff, I'm simply trying to hand off something new, something different - in the best way I know how.

Hybrid booster

So as we continue....
    I have been contacted on numerous levels through PM and other means regarding the 'true' intention...
    I intend to expand the production level software to its true capability.
    How is this done?

This requires a dive into the technical aspect of 2.2/2.5L turbo software.

Here we go....
    The operating system is over taxed and adding 'JSR's' further interrupts the current 11ms engine loop time.
    In english, this means not everything is calculated and updated as one would expect.
    The T-III is the worst offender along with the 92' control's of the 2.5L.
    The 3D overhead for processor time was marginal, at best, under production environments but further diminished by interrupted program flow by the only means available at the time (kudos to those that took so much time to embed updated code).

This current effort will only be offered with written buy in of current suppliers that it will never be part of calibrations offered through them or any subsidiaries for anything other than FREE OF CHARGE. This is for the community and without written buy-in.. I will retract and software will remain "as-is".

Once received, I will continue.

Again, this is for the community - to keep these vehicle alive and running at FULL POTENTIAL !!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5DIGITS View Post
    High speed data acquisition with 'on the fly' calibration capability.
    I picked up some stuff from Jerry Mallicoat several years ago, he had one sitting on the floor at his place in MI (he took the retirement and was heading out to the west coast) he passed on my offer to buy it off him.

Still have a nice Brodex 2.2 IMSA head casting.

Working on clearing the decks.

Garrett booster

Im so subscribed to this, it sounds really intereating to say the least

Hybrid booster

subscribed

Hybrid booster

Thanks for all of your interest... this offering now lies within vendor response as I have received nothing that will allow me to continue.

Currently hanging in the wings...

Updated boost control
    Isolated fuel control for WOT
    Engine temp compensation on fueling
    Quicker loop time management for fuel/spark above 6000RPM
    Etc...etc...etc...

I'm waiting and so are you - vendors??

5DIGITS,

Per your request:

TurbosUnleashed, Inc. has no intention of incorporating any of the calibration technology you release to the community in our products.

We appreciate your efforts in getting this out into the hands of the Community. The information will allow the members to take it to that next level regarding Performance and Drivability. I would also like to personally Thank You for the input you have provided us with over the years. Whenever there was a debatable question regarding these vehicles you have always managed to set the record straight. We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in the Turbo Mopar Community and hope that you continue being a part of it for years to come.

Sincerely,

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Thanks for all of your interest... this offering now lies within vendor response as I have received nothing that will allow me to continue.

Currently hanging in the wings...

Updated boost control
    Isolated fuel control for WOT
    Engine temp compensation on fueling
    Quicker loop time management for fuel/spark above 6000RPM
    Etc...etc...etc...

I'm waiting and so are you - vendors??
    I guess i should just be patient until you share more, but does this mean hardware, software or both?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

As a PolyBushings company, we have never and do not plan to do anything with our car computers. Except something for our personal cars.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

boostaholic

Subscribed

Hybrid booster

Hello all...
    It looks like its game over before we even got started - I appreciate those vendors that responded but those that have not have kept this from coming to fruition.
    Please cordially thank them for eliminating this effort to provide to the community - free of charge !!

Take care.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Just great.... a couple apples have spoiled it for the entire bunch?
    Maybe they haven't seen this whole conversation?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Maybe they haven't seen this whole conversation?
    Maybe not............
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Garrett booster

Hello all...
    It looks like its game over before we even got started - I appreciate those vendors that responded but those that have not have kept this from coming to fruition.
    Please cordially thank them for eliminating this effort to provide to the community - free of charge !!

Take care.

Shouldn't they get more than (14) hours to respond? It's entirely possible the vendors you are referring to are not subscribed to this thread....just a thought....

Dave

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by djm3452004 View Post
    Shouldn't they get more than (14) hours to respond? It's entirely possible the vendors you are referring to are not subscribed to this thread....just a thought....

Dave
    Lets not be too naive here and your point is well taken...
    Those involved are well aware through their own monitoring or messages from those interested.
    This isn't a logistical night mare - it's a simple request that states what being offered for free will remain free and not for profit.
    Without it, it exposes a very clear intention - profit from others efforts.
    It gets full "buy-in" or it's get screwed by those that decline, for what I offer to the community for free.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by 5DIGITS; 11-17-2016 at 01:56 AM.

Garrett booster

Go figure, we sometimes try to reach some vendors for a month or more, i just had dealings with fwd that took 2 months to complete now we get screwed because some arent replying. Thats awesome. Blaaahhhh

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by crazychris View Post
    Go figure, we sometimes try to reach some vendors for a month or more, i just had dealings with fwd that took 2 months to complete now we get screwed because some arent replying. Thats awesome. Blaaahhhh
    I feel your pain - how is two months even close to something deemed 'acceptable' !?!?!?!?!?
    Please see who has replied and who has not.
    Last edited by 5DIGITS; 11-17-2016 at 01:51 AM.

turbo addict

I understand not wanting them to steal it, but just like the Turbonator stuff it is free to all who want it free and also available to those who want to pay for it to be done, it seems like even if the vendors used it it would benefit the community. In reality the ones that do offer cals have a good following and good reputation for them so idk why they would change unless this is revolutionary like self calibration with wideband, but seems like the processor won't allow that. Oh well I like the cals I have but it would have been cool to see new stuff

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast