Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Going away present

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Going away present

How the heck did we get to this point?

First, We do NOT need to resort to personal attacks!! Each of us has idiosyncrasies, as adults we learn to accept people for their contributions without bullying them for what makes them unique. Mr 5D is revered for his wealth of knowledge, expertise and willingness to share and assist others with problems or just a mutual quest to keep Turbo Mopars ALIVE!! Even after Mother Mopar abandoned the 2.2/2.5 platform!! Some of us are not so short-sighted and appreciate anyone and everyone who takes their TIME to help others & pass on vital info !!

I have to say there is nothing wrong with conditions for FREE!! Everyday each of us gets freebies..and they all come with terms and conditions!! Even Jesus freely giving his life for our salvation...comes with conditions!!

I wholly understand Ken wanting to protect his investment and wanting to prevent others from exploiting his generosity by attempting to profit from his knowledge & work on calibrations. I fail to see the problem with that!! And I'm really shocked to find Snowflakes here on TM!!

What some people are failing to grasp is the potential with new cals. You may be able to run above 5400 rpm now, but what if tweaking your cal makes substantially more power? And what if you can run stronger & faster w/o such high RPM?
    If you are on this thread you must be looking for better engine management. Maybe some have the ability to tune and don't need Ken's expertise...if so, why are you on this thread? The rest of us are here for Ken to share some knowledge!!
    Now, lets take the opportunity to work with Ken and get the vendors, supported by TM, to do the right thing!!

Wherever this info is stored/posted, we still need a disclaimer to protect the information!!

Mark

turbo addict

If someone can bother to pickup the phone can call Cindy, half of posts in this thread can be deleted. ANYONE willing to call?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Would be pretty cool if we had access to new programming, looking at getting back into the game next year, and I want to spin her to 8000 rpm.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddmannda View Post
    How the heck did we get to this point?

First, We do NOT need to resort to personal attacks!! Each of us has idiosyncrasies, as adults we learn to accept people for their contributions without bullying them for what makes them unique. Mr 5D is revered for his wealth of knowledge, expertise and willingness to share and assist others with problems or just a mutual quest to keep Turbo Mopars ALIVE!! Even after Mother Mopar abandoned the 2.2/2.5 platform!! Some of us are not so short-sighted and appreciate anyone and everyone who takes their TIME to help others & pass on vital info !!

I have to say there is nothing wrong with conditions for FREE!! Everyday each of us gets freebies..and they all come with terms and conditions!! Even Jesus freely giving his life for our salvation...comes with conditions!! Mark
    Mark, this was Never an Attack, it was a point of Reason, which I believe Ken understands.

I never said there was anything wrong with what he was asking, just that it Can't be enforced in this world because there will always be those who are going to try and get away with whatever they can, and that should not stand in the way of the GOOD thing Ken is trying to do here.

My last post on this, so Hope it all works out!!!!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Mark, this was Never an Attack, it was a point of Reason, which I believe Ken understands.

:
    For once, you actually made sense.

1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Subscribed

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

I never said there was anything wrong with what he was asking, just that it Can't be enforced in this world because there will always be those who are going to try and get away with whatever they can, and that should not stand in the way of the GOOD thing Ken is trying to do here.

My last post on this, so Hope it all works out!!!!
    Rob,

Maybe your inference was misunderstood by me, but my reply wasn't directed solely at you. Although, lately, I have been fed-up with the Snowflake insanity from all the mind numbing imbeciles thinking everything should be given to them!!
    I do still think we CAN find a way to accomplish this and keep others from abusing the free research.
    Some have pointed to FWDP as the potential problem here, however we also need to protect from other companies that may try to expand business to TM community. On FWDP, I do agree, given we members support FWDP, they should follow the lead of Chris at TU; someone who knows them needs to contact them or have the authorities do a welfare check.
    While I am going there, anyone know what became of Frank Katzenberger? Since he moved he seems to have vanished!!

Mark

boostaholic

Fwdp is fine. They were just posting today on facebook how azn from street outlaws stopped by and bought a srt4 from them.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

wow... what did I miss?? oh yea more drama...... now you see why I don't get on the forums much. Even though I haven't been on the forum in almost a month, I should somehow know this topic is going on... and because I don't have ESP it's my fault I didn't respond? I knew I should have taken mind reading 101 in college! Luckily someone was nice enough to pick up the phone and call me this morning to tell me it's all my fault the community isn't getting this stuff from Ken!!

So just for the record, FWD Performance will not use whatever Ken provides for profit..... OK so now all you haters can stop hating on FWD and move it on over to Forward Motion and Boost Button since I didn't see them respond either........

and someone might want to call them because they might not have seen this thread yet....
    Last edited by glhs727; 11-30-2016 at 01:00 PM.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    wow... what did I miss?? oh yea more drama...... now you see why I don't get on the forums much. Even though I haven't been on the forum in almost a month, I should somehow know this topic is going on... and because I don't have ESP it's my fault I didn't respond? I knew I should have taken mind reading 101 in college! Luckily someone was nice enough to pick up the phone and call me this morning to tell me it's all my fault the community isn't getting this stuff from Ken!!

So just for the record, FWD Performance will not use whatever Ken provides for profit..... OK so now all you haters can stop hating on FWD and move it on over to Forward Motion and Boost Button since I didn't see them respond either........

and someone might want to call them because they might not have seen this thread yet....
    No worries Cindy.
    The stress and effort and any reference to drama has been since lifted.
    Many private messages in and out of this forum have re-directed/influenced how this needs or could be handled.
    Again - no worries.

We are indeed - moving forward.
    Last edited by 5DIGITS; 12-01-2016 at 08:39 AM.

Garrett booster

So what ever came of this?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post

I would have thought my 'retirement' thread would have sufficed. But, in case it doesn't - I don't intend to make money off my own Turbonator cals, much less Ken's work...

Sorry, didn't see this thread at all until just now.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, Ken - for reference, my code Turbonator doesn't JSR into or out of any stock code other than from the main program loop. And, it's a complete .asm file which is compiled to a brand spakin' new .bin everytime an edit is made.

10 years ago, that's how we did it because we didn't have an .asm. But, we've been compiling new .bins since ~2008.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by crazychris View Post
    So what ever came of this?
    bumpity bump
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I have aftermarket management systems, enough to do most of what I want, but I still want opportunities for people who get zero support from Vendors.

I would love an interface to play with SBECII 3.0 v6 code. The lack of that drives off people not wanting to dive so deep.
    --------

Speaking of processor loops or whatever, I would point out a function datalogged on Megasquirt called timing error. Megasquirt looks at a small window of crank rotation for identifying "TDC" so that you can have accurate timing events (or fuel if fuel sequential).
    I used to have my timing looking at 15 degrees BTDC timing. Not good. This meant I could never run less than 15 degrees of timing. Megasquirt would basically take last events timing information @ 15 degrees BTDC and then use "1st derivitive" prediction to fire the coil on the next rotation. Megasquirt then realizes at the next 15 degrees BTDC that it didn't guess right, and calculates timing error %. I am not really sure on the calculation but I at least understand there is a lot of error involved in timing events.
    The preferred way to read a "ghetto" distributor optical disc like the 3.0 has is to read between 60 and 90 degrees BTDC (so I have to find a leading or trailing edge slot on the optical disc that lands between 70-90BTDC). Being in this window gives Megasquirt time to calculate the timing event before it needs to happen. This should produce less error.
    Most megasquirt nerds hate anything but crank trigger. They have tons of problems with those actually giving signals since people have to hack together their own setup, but when functional they boost our accuracy ego.

Sounds like the Chrysler systems have a lot of potential to guess wrong on timing at high rpms with that slow loop time. Seems like anyone running conservative octane could get hit by a "timing bomb" and have no way to deal with it. That is something I worry about even though I keep using belt to cam driven optical sensor information.

Some people lose an engine every once in awhile, some people over octane, and others give up power. Would be extra annoying if you lost engines because the ECU wanted to look at something that should have been ignored.
    Last edited by Ondonti; 01-30-2017 at 01:28 AM.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Hybrid booster

this is precisely why i installed a crank trigger on mine- too many variables with a distributor only trigger setup.

Also bump- anything ever come of this or did the drama make it disappear?

turbo addict

Last Activity
    01-24-2017 01:44

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post

Last Activity
    01-24-2017 01:44
    I "spoke" with him a few weeks ago, he commented he was swamped with his new job.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

The posts about megasquirt that were formerly found here, have been moved to a new thread:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?81428-Megasquirt-Anyone

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Thanks Barry, good job
    2022 Viper runs 9s

bump for any update?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast