Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech-Edge wideband reviews?

Mitsu booster

Re: Tech-Edge wideband reviews?

I can't remember. It's been awhile since I registered it.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

whats your name? on the little registration window it says "name" and "registration code" (or something like that... im going from memory) so the registration code is derived from the name.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

I emailed the guy that owns the software and the website and he said he is still supporting it, he just had some issues with his web host. He told me he'd get it back up and running in the next few days and would be releasing serial numbers. Brian maybe you and I could go halfsies on a serial

turbo addict

Wideband Sensor Positioning

The wideband sensor must be carefully placed in order to prevent damage to the sensor itself and to maximise accuracy. Also, if you use the sensor's output directly (via the simulated narrowband output) to drive your ECU then you should be doubly careful. Please follow all of these "rules" :

* The sensor should always be placed on the engine side of a catalytic converter, unless you are testing the effectiveness of the convertor itself.
    * The gas temperature to the sensor should never exceed 850 degrees C (about 1560 degrees Fahrenheit).
    * The sensor should never be run without power to the WB unit (a hot sensor burns off carbon residues)
    * Always have the long axis of the sensor perpendicular to the gas flow (stops sensor clogging)
    * Position the sensor vertically or at most between 10 o'clock to the 2 o'clock position (this avoids cracking the internal ceramic structure should moisture condense internally)
    * We don't recommend using a short sections of exhaust pipe shoved up your tailpipe. A specially welded additional bung is the best mounting strategy.

The sensor reads the partial pressure of gases in the exhaust and infers the AFR, rather than by measuring some magical AFR directly. This may be an issue on forced induction, and in particular, on turbo-charged engines.
    Straight from the TECH EDGE site...
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

All that is saying is dont mount it before the turbo. After turbo, pressure is significantly less along with temperature. It also says mount it smartly in terms of location and out of the way from being splashed on by water on the road.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

I mounted mine a few inches forward of the cat on the DP. I tried to make it so that it angled upward into the tunnel some.

(click to zoom in)

did that round display come with the kit, or is that a separate piece?

it is a seperate piece.
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

from where? it looks nice

fromt tech edge also. it was an assecory to the wb unit and it has a nb output for the ecu.
    Frank Katzenberger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12