Thread: 10,000 mile review

Garrett booster

10,000 mile review

#44 has finally reached 10,000 miles.
    I have had it since 7,500 miles...about 5 years in my possession.
    I find the more you push on the gas the more it gives.!
    It just left the shop..replaced original timing belt, tensioner and water pump.
    I drive a 2016 Ford Transit Van for work everyday and when I get in the Consulier it's quite a welcome change.
    Can some of the other owners post their milage also please, it will be cool to see how far some of the cars have gone.

Hybrid booster

Re: 10,000 mile review

I have driven the blue car around 1200mi this summer. Not sure how many miles are on the chassis. Obviously the drivetrain has got very low mileage

My guess is Johnny has the record for most Miles driven.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Mine's still at 0. Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it this fall/winter. I started cleaning around it in the garage to make room last weekend.

Garrett booster

#21 was at 33,000 miles when I got it 2 years ago. It had the problem with the speedo when it would be pinned when you fired it up and would be like that for a few hours. my 3,000 mile trip home said I put on 7,000 . I pulled that speedo at roughly 51,000 miles this spring before the upgrades commenced. So realistically it probably has around 44,000 give or take a thousand.

Hybrid booster

I'm with Benji, mine is at zero. Was a week late to the party, and have an incomplete roller. Just finished building a garage, will be moving in soon. Work will commence.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

turbo addict

Mine said 29,000 when I go it. But after I got the car on the road and took it to about 50 mph, the speedo said around 90 and the odometer was spinning fast. So i am wondering if the 29k is right.
    Once the speedo warmed up it seemed to work. Went to SDAC and it worked most of the time. Then it stopped altogether.
    i put a few miles on it using e old speedo then changed it to one that works on gps, so it's pretty accurate.
    I have added 19,598 miles since the new speedometer.

So yes, I have driven to two differant SDAC events, to southern Calif a few times and all around the northwest. A few miles!!
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-21-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Mine said 29,000 when I go it. But after I got the car on the road and took it to about 50 mph, the speedo said around 90 and the odometer was spinning fast. So i am wondering if the 29k is right.
    Once the speedo warmed up it seemed to work. Went to SDAC and it worked most of the time. Then it stopped altogether.
    i put a few miles on it using e old speedo then changed it to one that works on gps, so it's pretty accurate.
    I have added 19,598 miles since the new speedometer.

So yes, I have driven to two differant SDAC events, to southern Calif a few times and all around the northwest. A few miles!!
    Johnny, pretty sure you've got more recent GTP miles than anyone!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

I've put around 7k on mine. It helps that it doesn't snow here in FL but I just about wont drive it in the rain anymore, gets a little too squirrely with me behind the wheel. I think the farthest I've driven it is about an hour away....but I did get stuck on I-4 coming back from daytona for about 2 hrs
    I'd bet that I've spent more time under/over it than in the drivers seat. There's so much to worry about in a car that sat for so long.
    The good news is that it's more new than old now

Garrett booster

I've had #16 for just over two years now and put approx 500 miles on it. Got it at 16xx and it now has 2154. I'm not winning any mileage races

turbo addict

You are not driving it much, just looking at it because its so pretty......I understand!
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com