Thread: Want to add in center consol and CC

Mitsu booster

Want to add in center consol and CC

What would I need to do to add in a factory cruise control system? I assume it is a vaccume system in this vehicle but would like to make sure before I start ordering parts.

Also I need a center console because it's very annoying to me not to have cup holders and an arm rest in my daily, are the provisions to mount one already there or do I need to fab?

Thanks!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: Want to add in center consol and CC

So I was following your other cam shaft thread some. Considering what you want in that thread and now what you want in this thread I have a suggestion. Don't take offense but there are soooo many good TM's out there, why don't you just start with one that has what you want and then apply your mechanical skills and energy to it? Couple months ago there was a 91 Shelby Daytona (not running, battery and fuel pump would have fixed it I think)for $500. on OC Craigslist. Guy would have taken $300. It had everything youre looking for. Yeah, I know, wrong end of the country for you, just using it as an example

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

What he said

Mitsu booster

I kinda already have this one though and it's in very good shape considering the price, all mechanicals works and paint is not totally gone.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
    I kinda already have this one though and it's in very good shape considering the price, all mechanicals works and paint is not totally gone.
    But it's not what you want. I get that you have the skills to mod a car to the standards you've set, but start with something that has 90% of that done for you. It not a turbo(yes I have one of those but it's NEVER going to be as fast as my turbo cars) it won't ever be fast. It doesn't have the features you want. Why reinvent the wheel? Put effort into something that's a good starting point. You'll save your effort and money. I'm glad to have new talent in this community, I'd like to follow a sweet build of yours

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mitsu booster

Yeah you are probably right.......lol!

My last (currently almost done) project involved a ram 1500, a crapload of custom fab, custom suspension changes and a 5.9 magnum that now makes near hellcat power......you would think I already learned how much of a pain it is to shoehorn something to make it do something it was not really designed to do.

Thing that sucks is I want a mopar 4cyl as my daily but it's hard to find anything I like and this car had everything but the engine and these two item mentioned above. Thing I am mainly running into is that I kinda got addicted to power and want a bit of it in this car too.

I mean it is nearly exactly what I was looking for, cheap, cheap to run, manual everything (not trans) but with AC and even in my perfered color. I figured it was close enough and I jumped at it (owner had a dead injector and practically paid me to take it) now I kinda just want to get it 100% and repaint it then use it untill it needs an overhaul again. (Or the unibody rusts to hell)

turbo addict

I tend to agree about starting with something that's already more of what you want , but..
    hell I've done it the hard way too probably like most saying just find something else

best next route is to find the same car with what you want that's toast and swap everything from one single car
    it's easier to have it all in the driveway than search for a year or more to find all the bits n pieces

I missed what the car is (?) but if known there might be lots of suitable other car doners for the project

starting with the same kind of car makes the wireing swap a lot easier than trying to fit wireing that was ment for some other body

Mitsu booster

Car is a 1988 Dodge Aries 2 door LE with AC.