Thread: Check this out guys,1986 Town & Country turbo!???

Mitsu booster

Check this out guys,1986 Town & Country turbo!???

First I would like to thank everyone for having some faith in me rather than writing me off as just another "dreamer" I had posted a discussion about six months ago debating the merits of converting my 95 Dakota 2.5 into a turbo truck, having just picked up a low mileage 2.5 complete with intake, injectors, and turbo/exhaust manifold. I decided against going with the Dakota turbo, and set out to find a decent woody wagon that needed some work. Today I picked one up. It's a 2.2 turbo with immaculate interior, however will need serious attention underneath due to rust issues. While I'm dealing with that, I'm going to find a donor 89 LeBaron convertible or similar with a manual transmission that way I can run the SMEC and all associated electronics. This is going to be a project, and I expect to have it in my garage for at least one year. Overall I'm very pleased with everything, and I look forward to participating in regular discussions on here. Thank you again guys

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Mitsu booster

Re: Check this out guys,1986 Town & Country turbo!???

Oh and I will be using the 2.5 Mitsubishi turbo, and one piece intake, the primary reason for finding an 89 donor car. This will work out great since I will be basically stripping the car down to nothing, so it will be like starting from scratch.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Glad to see that you're still going strong. I believe Joe Manduno was selling his K wagon recently. IIRC he was willing to part it out and the prices were reasonable. You should check out the thread in the for sale section and see what's left.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Cool project I like me some Faux Wood What's your vision for the Wagon, Daily driver, weekend cruiser, stoplight predator?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

the easy way to convert that to smec is to find an 88 turbo K car engine compartment harness
    the 88 K cars didn't get the big round gromit in the firewall but rather still have the old 50 way connector there so you could simply plug it right into your car without mods

Mitsu booster

88 K turbo K Car turbo harness/donor next on the list, check got it thanks. And I plan to make it a daily driver once finished, nothing like a grocery getter that actually fits the stereotypical picture of a grocery getter! 😂 It doesn't have to be a tire burning monster, but I want it to be better quick. Plus I just like the sounds of a turbo spooling up!!! I miss my 300zx so something has to fill that void