Thread: Spirit R/T Fixing My Mistakes

Threaded View

Garrett booster

Spirit R/T Fixing My Mistakes

So last year in February I bought a 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T for $1350, having no idea what I was getting myself into being 16 and growing up around turbo dodges my whole life I had the bug of wanting one myself. So this car had been apart since 2004 and went through 3 owners broken and missing parts. So I guess the story is the turbo blew up so the person remove the turbo, manifold and head off the car for it all to get rebuilt. The turbo and manifold ended up getting lost in the mail, but the head was freshly rebuilt. When I went through all the parts the car was missing cam gears, 8 lifters, cam sensor and some other small things, so I pulled the short block out of the car to go through it all. The block was unusable unless I bought some oversized pistons from when the turbo blew up the shrapnel went into the engine, but I remembered there was a brand new non common block sitting in my barn and I figured why not I'll just use that block. So I bought some low mileage stock T3 pistons, Cheap bearings, Cheap rings all off of eBay because I didn't know any better they're all the same right lol. So I managed to get the non common block to work, had no issues with it being weak, even when I went big turbo it held up fine. So a few months back I was changing spark plugs and noticed there was coolant in the spark plug tube, well the head was cracked so I pulled the head off the car. While I had the head off the car I decided to pull the rest of the motor out of the car to check out the condition of the lower end. We'll just say that I'm building another motor and I've learned a lot since the first motor I built at 16 lol.

She's not perfect, but she's mine.

New Engine:
    1991 2.5 TI Common Block Freshly Deck and Honed
    30K Mile TIII Pistons With New Sealed Power Rings
    Freshly Rebuilt and Welded Lotus Head
    TIII Forged Crank Turned 10/10
    Undersized Clevite 77 Main and Rod Bearings
    NOS T2 Rods With ARP Wav-Lok Rod Bolts
    NOS Intermediate Shaft
    Melling M118 Oil Pump
    Cometic .075 MLS Head Gasket
    Cometic Intake and Exhaust Gaskets
    ARP Main Studs
    ARP Head Studs
    ARP Flywheel Bolts
    ARP Clutch To Flywheel Bolts
    Stainless Intake Bolt Kit
    Stainless Valve Cover Bolt Kit
    Stainless Oil Pan Bolt Kit
    Chevy 4.3 Valve Cover Gaskets
    New Exhaust Studs
    Balance Shafts Delete
    WRX Idler Mod
    Gates T206
    Knock Off GT3076R(Temporary)
    Emusa 38MM External Wastegate(Temporary)
    Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
    RC 750CC Injectors
    etc

Last edited by ace6598; 10-13-2016 at 08:29 PM.