Thread: Caravan need clutch pedal brake assembly convert to manual 5 speed 523

Mitsu booster

Caravan need clutch pedal brake assembly convert to manual 5 speed 523

Hi,I Need a caravan Clutch Pedal assembly to convert the 1993 caravan from a automatic to a manual.. A 2.5 engine and 523 manual 5 speed will be used.. Maybe if I can find a daytona ,lebaron, shadow or duster pedal assembly that could work? Can anyone confirm?

Re: Caravan need clutch pedal brake assembly convert to manual 5 speed 523

Back when I converted a Voyager to manual, I was able to find one of the last OEM minivan clutch pedals and shafts. For the brake pedal I just cut the left half of the pedal pad off...

I talked to a guy that claimed he was able to use the car clutch pedal. He cut part of the plastic cam off (minivan pedals are about an inch closer to the firewall. The real gotcha is likely the shaft the brake and clutch ride on. It is longer for the minivan than the car version...

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by c2xejk View Post
    Back when I converted a Voyager to manual, I was able to find one of the last OEM minivan clutch pedals and shafts. For the brake pedal I just cut the left half of the pedal pad off...

I talked to a guy that claimed he was able to use the car clutch pedal. He cut part of the plastic cam off (minivan pedals are about an inch closer to the firewall. The real gotcha is likely the shaft the brake and clutch ride on. It is longer for the minivan than the car version...

I was wondering if the computer will freak out with the manual transmission not having input and output shaft readings to adjust the fuel correctly?

Switching a 3 speed automatic to a manual 523 has less electrical wires to deal with.

Switching a 4 speed automatic to a manual 543 has many wires that will no longer be connected to the computer.. That makes me wonder..

Can you tell me what did you remove from the plymouth voyager, Was it the 3 speed or the 4 speed automatic? And did you go with the 4 cylinder engine 523 combo are the 6 cylinder engine with the 543?

Can you tell me the Vans year and Gen please? i no it's a lot to ask but this is my first post.. Thanks..

It was a '91 Plymouth Voyager with a 3L and a 4-sp. I kept the 3L and converted it to a 543. For a long time I used the original ECU. At some point I located a car 3L 5-sp ecu and ran that...

Right now I have a AT ECU (3-sp?) in my '91 Spirit R/T 3LV6. The 5-sp ECU that I had been running burned up the ignition circuitry. The only "issue" I have noticed during a coast down when the engine is cold it idles lean and rough. Was warmed up it is fine.

As for converting, I am not sure there is much to do. It has been a few years, but I think you have to bypass the Park-Neutral safety switch so the car will crank...