Thread: Omni hub face to fender measurements?

Hybrid booster

Omni hub face to fender measurements?

Hey everyone, got a quick question. I'm looking to upgrade the look of my GLH with some new wheels. I want the wheels to be flush with the outer most edge of the stock fender flares in addition with running wide tires. I'm looking for the distance from the hub mounting surface to the edge of the fender flares and then the distance from the flare edge to the suspension (where the tire might hit). Attached is an Omni with 15x7 wheels with a 0 (zero) offset. I love the look but want to run wider wheels/tires so it looks more filled from the rear.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: Omni hub face to fender measurements?

I think there is a question in there? Are you asking what offset to run, or what width wheel or? I know some guys have gotten by with 8" of rim on Omni's but the most I've run are 7" wide. To HellaFlush them (looks AND better handling, what a deal) I like spacers behind the rim however in my experience anything more then 5mm and the studs get too short for proper thread engagement. Fortunately stock SRT4 studs fit and add about an inch of length(right, who doesn't want that) On project RedBox Jackson put 10mm spacers on there to move the wheels out.

EDIT: Hmm, I thought I had a shot directly from the back to gauge the flushness, I guess Ill have to take one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160827_075939.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	733.7 KB 
ID:	59435  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

Right, forgot to format into a question haha. What I'm mainly looking for is the widest possible rim/tire package that I can run, with an offset that will place the outer edge of the tire/wheel with the outer edge of the fender flare without having to stretch the tires or cambering them out. Which is why I'm trying to get the measurements of the hub mounting surface to the outer edge of the flare, and then the outer edge of the flare to the suspension to determine how wide of a wheel I can fit inside. Id like to not run wheel spacers since I don't want to put unnecessary strain on the hubs.

Other question I have is what paint code did you use for the Omni I that pic? I love that color

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Dorman 610-614 studs worked perfect for me with 5mm spacers.
    If you do replace studs, be absolutely certain that they are fully seated or else you will wind up with loose wheels.

If you do get the outer edge of the tire out to the outside edge of the fender flare, then it will foul the inside of the fender, unless you jack the car up into the air so that radius of the tire's swing upward can duck inside as it rises
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia