Thread: Bluetooth phone & Digital music in a TD !? for cheap ??

Mitsu booster

Bluetooth phone & Digital music in a TD !? for cheap ??

I just installed the TUFF Concepts "Single Din In-Dash Car Stereo FM and MP3 Stereo Radio Receiver Aux with USB Port and SD CardSlot with Bluetooth functional " (was $26 Prime at Amazon) in my (ahem, non-TM content) '86 XR7- (to replace a similar BOSS unit which sadly lasted < 2years) initial thoughts: very similar to the BOSS 612UA (SD card slot, USB port, 3.5mm jack too) it replaced except this model has Bluetooth; surprisingly my Samsung Rugby Pro (2013?) linked right up, and I was able to play music off the phone and even use the tiny remote control to pause, skip, etc songs on the phone havent actually got a call while linked so I'll haveta try that and report back. otherwise typical cheap china quality,, weird display, prolly not really 50w x 4 very shallow & light weight since theres no CD drive (or tape lol) an easy way to get Bluetooth & "Digital" music into a "vintage" car. lmk if anyone wants more details.. ************UPDATE after couple weeks******** 1. doesn't hold your bass/treble/etc settings after it's powered down (yes I have the [always ON] "clock" power lead hooked up) 2. does supply charging at the USB... but so feeble it doesn't actually charge 3. tiny remote needs to be pointed DIRECTLY at the right spot on receiver face to work (kinda comical) 4. doesn't "take" calls on bluetooth but interrupts the music with the ringtone, then you need to answer by picking up yur phone, then talk into the phone's mic while listening on the phone's speaker.. once yu hang up the music starts again OTHERWISE this is working well.. decent power. handles 8G SD cards..

Hybrid booster

Re: Bluetooth phone & Digital music in a TD !? for cheap ??

I'm a firm believer in Alpine decks. Search around online until you find a sale. Alpine generally created fantastic audio quality and build quality without breaking the bank. Have used two different models myself, along with witnessing friends/family who have gone with Alpine.

Currently, I have an Alpine deck in my '89 LS with Rockford Fosgate satellites and a 12" sub in the back. Sounds wonderful =]

Mitsu booster

whilst I appreciate 'higher-end' equipment, and Alpine does seem to have a similar offering in the UTE-62BT (no SD card but True bluetooth 'hands-free' calling; $150 on eBay), for those of us who want something cheap and simple in our 3rd or 4th or xx car I propose that this 28$ chinese job may be adequate..

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by detobias View Post
    whilst I appreciate 'higher-end' equipment, and Alpine does seem to have a similar offering in the UTE-62BT (no SD card but True bluetooth 'hands-free' calling; $150 on eBay), for those of us who want something cheap and simple in our 3rd or 4th or xx car I propose that this 28$ chinese job may be adequate..
    I can see what you found being a good match for many people actually, hope you don't think I was 'coming down' on that product. I just felt like posting my personal experience with audio equipment. Being that my father is a retired band teacher, and I'm a musician myself, I suppose I might have higher standards for any audio equipment. Compared to the prices you can easily find yourself browsing, 100-150 dollars for a quality stereo receiver, with features that work as advertised, and backed up by warranty and support is not a lot to pay imo.

However, if you're in a pinch and just want some darn tunes in that old TD, then get whatever does the job!

Mitsu booster

np its all good.. my '13 Ram gets the good stuff.. this MP3 player replaced an ancient panasonic cassette deck in my 86 cougar, so it is a MAJOR improvement, and drives the factory 'Premium' sound speakers well enough. I'm super happy to be able to play my 6000+ mp3 files ..

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

We sell a Dual at Oreilly's with all the same functions for less than 100, I think it's like 89.99 or something.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I added Bluetooth head units to both my 1995 Grand Cherokee and my SRT-4. Now I miss it whenever I am in a car without it.

However, if my stereo lost it's settings when I shut the ignition off, I would have chucked it angrily after the 2nd time. Dirt cheap or not, I would not have the patience for that.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=