Thread: L body window scapers and sun roof seal

Hybrid booster

L body window scapers and sun roof seal

I'm looking for new or in really good condition window scrapers for an 87 GLHS (obviously 2 door) and thought they were available from one of our vendors but can't remember who.
    Also looking for the outer sun roof seal or what others have used.
    I as well need a battery tray for the L body and center shift console.

Any help is much appreciated.

Joey

Re: L body window scapers and sun roof seal

Get with Curtis Palmer. He has some method to use another generic scraper that's way cheaper than buying a set of the stock ones, if you can find them. The sunroof seal is NLA, unless Greg (omnipotent) decides to get another run made or find someone to do it. There may be a solution out there for the sunroof that isn't one-piece, but I never saw it. If I see anything I'll let you know.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Here is what I used for the outer scrapers for my Scamp:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/fai...RCHILD+13694X2

Worked really well, and it's tough to know they aren't factory.

Also, not sure which sunroof seal you are looking for, but there was a recent source listed in this thread:

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...eal-ideas.html

That's great someone found something on TD, but there is no detail at all for vehicle, part number in that thread. Would have been nice if they had posted some detail as to what they ordered. If they did, I don't see it.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    That's great someone found something on TD, but there is no detail at all for vehicle, part number in that thread. Would have been nice if they had posted some detail as to what they ordered. If they did, I don't see it.
    The original poster in the thread is restoring an 87 GLHS, and that what he was looking for the seal for. So unless the regular SC's had a different sunroof, I would assume it would fit any of them.

There isn't a part number, because Sunroof Doctors doesn't list one. It's a legit company. I bought my Daytona T-top P-seals through them. As it says in the thread, call them and talk to Rick. He should be able to help you out. If they still have any.

http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/

Hybrid booster

yea, rick had one for my car too, told him that i wanted an outer seal for a shelby charger and he knew exactly what i was looking for, no part numbers or other details either, so no real need to bash the leg work someone else did to find a replacement.