Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof glass weatherstip

Sunroof glass weatherstip

I'm referring to the fuzzy weather strip that fits INTO the sunroof glass. Is there a replacement for this or does anyone know of a replacement? Is it still available at the dealer?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Re: Sunroof glass weatherstip

Ok, so I know I'm not the only L-bodied sunroof guy with this problem. Anyone?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

I would like to know as well, the sunroof in my Rampage needs it replaced.

turbo addict

I remember a thread on Team Omni a few years back. There was some sort of 1980's GM sunroof weatherstrip that was identical. It took two because the Charger sunroof is so huge. That's all I remember about it.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

I have an 87 GLHS and that strip is starting to tear and show wear, but I have never seriously looked into replacing it. Did you try a dealer? Sounds like a dumb question, but there are still hundreds of new parts sitting on shelfs at obscure dealerships around the country.

I haven't recently. Should ask JDAWG to locate some. JDAWG, where are you!?

Hybrid booster

I need one too. Sad thing is that it's probably a standard seal used for glass in making RV windows or something--need to find someone knowledgeable in building these sorts of things, then track down a supplier.

Garrett booster

DITTO!!! That seems to be the hardest part to come across. My GLHS roof strip is a total mess. Thank God the clear coat was peeling up there anyway because I just black duct taped the damn thing shut. If anyone hears about these strips available, let me know as well.
    Thanks, Donnie

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8939

Not sure why I made all of those FAQs if no one reads them.....
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Yeah, When I try to long in I get denied because I didn't post much on that site.

Hmmm, it seems I posted about follow up to this Kevin.... So what say you!?

turbo addict

I looked up the part # for the glass weatherstrip in the mopar parts catalog. It appears to be 5232046. They call it a seal, sun-roof secondary. This was for a 87 2 dr. SC. I checked a few vintage parts sources and Arizona parts and found nothing. I didn't check with my local dealership though but did run # on parts voice. Came up with goose eggs.
    Fortunately mine is almost perfect, as I had a spare sunroof glass. It's for sale along with the rest of the car.
    Todd

Well the sad/bad thing is, I had one from the dealer but it was so thick, it ended up damaging it almost immediately when I tried to install in with the sunroof and fit it into the car. I should have bought two. Maybe someone makes this stuff in a roll. I saw a 2003 Toyota Corolla that had the same design, just smaller sunroof. I can't even believe this stuff isn't sold in volume as it is used on a good number of sunroofs out there still.

turbo addict

Most of the stuff is sold in volume but the problem is generally the general public don't know where because it just gets sourced through volume sales directly from a supplier or manufacturer. I would think someone with in the body repair and restoration community would have an idea, but hard telling. I think if we could find out who the manufacturer is that would open a lot of doors.

Hybrid booster

This thread is understandably OLD! lol
    BUT, finding this seal has become IMPOSSIBLE.

OMNIPOTENT used to have them; not anymore.

PLEASE, if anyone has a lead to the sunroof glass seal,
    (The one that goes all the way around the glass itself)
    or has a seal that replicates the original,
    or knows of another vehicle that uses the same seal,
    again, PLEASE post up the information.

I've been racking my brain, and BEGGING GOOGLE to find something, but no dice!

Thank you kindly, in advance.

from 1986:

5232 046 SEAL, Sun Roof (Secondary)

5207 319 SEAL, Sun Roof (Primary)

turbo addict

http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/

some parts here, all the dodge stuff is discontinued. maybe the ford or gm strip is similar.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Glad I got those NOS pieces of Ebay this past fall.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/

some parts here, all the dodge stuff is discontinued. maybe the ford or gm strip is similar.
    Yeah, I went there while searching, but I'm going to call them Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Glad I got those NOS pieces of Ebay this past fall.
    I guess there's no chance you've still got one, and you might part with it is there?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I only have one of each piece and I bought them for the GLHS. They are on the shelf with all the other restoration parts I've been collecting for the last decade. Every man has his price, but with weatherstrip being the hardest parts to find for these cars, I will not part with these easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast