Thread: Torque specs. on the fasteners for a 2.2 turbo using ultra torque assembly lubricant.

Garrett booster

Torque specs. on the fasteners for a 2.2 turbo using ultra torque assembly lubricant.

Hello people I'm in the hunt for all the torque specs on a 2.2 turbo using ARP. ultra torque lubricant, Cyl. head, main caps, con rods. Had them once did not write them down, fortunately I know u can help me. I await your response. Thank u very much. Errol.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: Torque specs. on the fasteners for a 2.2 turbo using ultra torque assembly lubric

www.thedodgegarage.com is where i reference for any torque specs needed.
    I don't think there is a different spec when using that lubricant. The lubricant doesn't change the torque, it ensures the torque is not affected by the resistance in the meshed threads or other metal on metal contacts (like bolt head on washer).

Headgaskets though seem to have a difference in opinion on which spec to use, so there may be different recommendations depending on specific part and application.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: Torque specs. on the fasteners for a 2.2 turbo using ultra torque assembly lubric

Quote Originally Posted by errol View Post
    Hello people I'm in the hunt for all the torque specs on a 2.2 turbo using ARP. ultra torque lubricant, Cyl. head, main caps, con rods. Had them once did not write them down, fortunately I know u can help me. I await your response. Thank u very much. Errol.
    Are you using ARP hardware, or stock bolts? If stock, specs are the same still.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

On my engine, I have 50lb-ft on the rod bolts, 80 on the main crank bolts, and 95 on the head studs.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

The last few motors I've done (with ARP hardware), were 50 ft/lbs for the rods, 70 ft/lbs for the main studs, and 85 ft/lbs on the head studs.

I tighten the main studs to 70 ft/lbs because the machinist that did the line bore/hone on the block for the stud fitment suggested I use that.

turbo addict

I'm pretty sure ARP calls for a different torque when using their lube vs oil

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Yes, they do.

turbo addict

lol..
    not that I've EVER used any lube on the head bolts
    a bottle brush and some varsol to get the threads in the holes nice and clean ,yes
    , always ,but never oiled the threads

I always used new bolts , mopar ones and never had a problem

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I usually spray them with WD40 or similar, or dip them in a bottle of 10w30 oil.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD