Thread: 89 LeBaron Turbo GTC convertible

Mitsu booster

89 LeBaron Turbo GTC convertible

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Date: 30th August 2016
    Username: 89turbogtc
    Full Name: John Bee
    City, State, Zip: Villa Park IL, 60181
    Selling or Wanted Price: $4,200

Description: I need to sell my 1989 LeBaron Turbo GTC. It is a fairly rare car, they made 906 of these T2 convertibles in 89. It is a 2.2 with A555 five speed, intercooled, and has 4 wheel disc brakes and 16" lace wheels. It is very similar to a Shelby Daytona turbo Z only with a LeBaron body. I bought it for my daughter"s 16th birthday and she used it for a few years then went away to college and I took it back. I really like the car and I have owned it for the past 19 years, but my wife is not fond of it. I don't blame her, I have spent more in 15 years of storage than it's worth and I never drive it. The last time it was out was for SDAC 24 in Wisconsin. The car is in need of an owner who wants to spend some time addressing some issues that come with long term storage and a lack of use. The engine runs very well but could really use a wide band and a tune to get the most out of it. It's obviously no race car but it's qquick enough to be really fun, especially cruising with the top down.
    The good:
    *A555 with less than 1,000 miles since it was rebuilt by Forward Motion and a real, brand new, Quaife LSD was installed at that time along with a six puck clutch from Turbos Unleashed
    *Super 60 computer from Forward Motion
    *Enforcer 2 .63 turbo
    *FM 475 cam
    *Indy intercooler
    *3' stainless exhaust from Forward Motion
    *3 bar map
    *adjustable FPR
    *Mopar Performance motor mounts
    *narrow band o2 with autometer gauge
    *Speedo gears recently replaced
    *Headlight door system rebuilt with new drive pucks
    *a box of the original parts including the factory cam
    * The car originally had a white grille but it was replaced after some minor front end damage when the car was about 1 year old. I have an original white grille for it but it needs a repaint

The bad:
    *needs new shocks and struts
    *should be re-bushed
    *needs to have the brake system gone through because of old original flex lines and being in storage
    *I believe it needs a new steering rack . I have new lines but the pump overheats and squeels when turning when it gets hot
    *The passenger side rear view mirror shell is missing but I have all the internal components so it only needs the shell. I took it off last fall to have it repainted due to a scratch and it was lost in the process.

I would like to get $4,200 for it. It is a waste to have it sit unused and I believe the right person would really enjoy it. The car is located in Villa Park, IL 60181

For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: 89 LeBaron Turbo GTC convertible

Wow, I'm in Love Great car. Timing for me not so good

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mitsu booster

Looks nice.

Mileage?

Mitsu booster