I'm looking into converting my old Omni GLH Turbo (now brother's car) to TII. Many years ago I had converted this car to "2.5L TII" using a large Isuzu NPR intercooler and turbo Caravan wiring/SMEC, but the car has since been reverted back to stock TI with original wiring and LM/PM setup.

I recently built a TII engine and it will probably find it's way into the Omni this winter. This time I'd like to avoid a wiring harness swap and just convert it to run on '87 TII LM/PM electronics. It's been so long since I thought about this particular swap that I've forgotten some of the details though.

If I remember right, I just need to relocate the MAP sensor under hood (and use the newer style MAP/baro unit), add two wires for the newer AIS to the LM connector, and plug in an '87 TII (SL/CSX/Daytona unit) LM. Am I missing anything or is it really going to be that easy? Do I just keep using the log-style TI injector harness?

My older brother is digging the car and wants some more power. It's either the TII swap or maybe a Spearco over-the-trans intercooler kit.