I've been looking for the base gray fabric (used on the bolsters) to match the NOS Shelby fabric I have to recover my CSX seats to no avail. While in Portland I decided to go to SMS as a last try to find something that matches as they seem to have the largest selection out of anyone. There was nothing other than a Honda fabric which I already had samples of. It is close but not quite right and I'm picky. Unfortunately it would be the best possible solution without having an original match. While there I got talking with who I assume is the owner and he said he would be willing to do a custom weave to match the base Shelby fabric but would be even more interested to make it with the Shelby lettering as then he would have a larger market to sell to.

What this means is as far as I can tell we have an opportunity to get both the Shelby fabric and the base fabric used on the bolsters to match. The Shebly fabric would be around $95-$99/yd and the plain would be $85-$89/yd. We would need a total of 50-60 yards with deposits between the both for him to consider a run which would probably take about 6 months. Now I do know SMS has a reputation for being slow but even if it took a year this seems to be the only real option that has popped up in a long time and lets be honest with ourselves in how fast we really need it.

If there is interest I will figure out some logistics (mainly me being Canadian and not wanting to take US deposits) and then set up a group buy. Deposits would be 50% of your order that would only be refundable if SMS doesn't pull through minus any fees like Paypal etc.

Please let me know if there is interest and spread the word.