Hi All—

This modification has probably been done a hundred times before, but I was getting really tired of the L-Body hood slouch on my GLHS because of the lack of support on the driver’s side.

After buying all donor parts (prop rod and two retainer clips), the only issue was the open slot in the hood underneath the driver’s side. The passenger side has a single 11/16” hole, no slot. I welded a washer inside the hood at the bottom of the driver’s side slot, such that both holes were in the same size and location from driver’s side to passenger side.

On the driver’s side fender, I added one additional hole for the upper rod retainer locking tab, and a slot for the lower rod retainer locking tab, trying to make everything look like the factory prop rod mounting on the passenger side.

The rod itself had to be bent backward of how it came from the factory in two places so the top would face inward to the engine and hook into the hood, so I traced the original profile on cardboard and used a tubing bender to get the correct “reversed”profile before mocking everything up.

The hood closes without hitting the new prop rod in its retained state, and this addition eliminates the hood slouch when both rods are used. I guess I should be more worried about going faster and all that, but sometimes stupid things get under my skin and I can’t let them go!

I have uploaded some photos to PhotoBucket, please see the link below....

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/djm3452004/library/