Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience With Rock Auto

Garrett booster

Re: Terrible Experience With Rock Auto

I will never buy from them again and try to steer anyone I know away from there after my experience with the attitude of their customer non-service department. Might be fine if you never have to deal with them. I just could not believe their unwillingness to correct a customer satisfaction issue at anything other than my continued expense when the parts received were not as advertised and had no disclaimers.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbintx View Post
    I will never buy from them again and try to steer anyone I know away from there after my experience with the attitude of their customer non-service department. Might be fine if you never have to deal with them. I just could not believe their unwillingness to correct a customer satisfaction issue at anything other than my continued expense when the parts received were not as advertised and had no disclaimers.
    I am sorry to hear of your concerns with our customer service. We try to make the return process as quick and easy as possible for all return situations through our step-by-step online return system. Customers are encouraged to use our "Order Status & Returns" page to report problems such as "Part Didn't Fit" and to quickly arrange a return. We use that information to improve the accuracy of our catalog, and we share it with our part manufacturers.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

When I get ready to order from rockauto, I will go to the manufacturer web site of the parts I'm considering and double check the part numbers against rockauto's part numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S with a full 89 Shelby swap, back on the road and soon to be painted (and lose that Oggie Fisher black) 83 Porsche 944, 5 speed, all stock. 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 5 speed, daily driver. 2017 Trek 1.2 bicycle.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    When I get ready to order from rockauto, I will go to the manufacturer web site of the parts I'm considering and double check the part numbers against rockauto's part numbers.
    Doesn't matter, Rock Auto has stated they will substitute as they see fit.

Already been through this myself.

Working on clearing the decks.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
    I am sorry to hear of your concerns with our customer service. We try to make the return process as quick and easy as possible for all return situations through our step-by-step online return system. Customers are encouraged to use our "Order Status & Returns" page to report problems such as "Part Didn't Fit" and to quickly arrange a return. We use that information to improve the accuracy of our catalog, and we share it with our part manufacturers.

My car is built with Rockauto parts, you guys ROCK!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by MILKCARTON View Post
    My car is built with Rockauto parts, you guys ROCK!
    Rockauto no complaint with me, any issue and I complete as Rockauto suggested above using "Order Status & Returns". Fast and easy. So far works without issue.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

I have ordered from them, and every time have been sent the wrong parts. The 2 people here that have gotten it right are the minority. They sent me the wrong calipers for one of my cars, then charged me to restock the wrong part hen I sent it back. I'll pay the markup locally, f*ck rockauto and their comcast-like "customer service." The only thing worse than their commercials is their service.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

turbo addict

I bought a set of KYB shocks. USPS said they delivered it, nope, not on my porch. Called Rockauto and it says to follow the webpage and they will send me another pair at no extra cost. Sure enough, 2 days later, Fedex delivered it. A week goes by, USPS finally make the very late delivery, emailed Rockauto and ask them what to do, and they send me a Fedex shipping label.

No complain here.

Garrett booster

i've had good results with rock auto customer service.. but its a pain and you're responsible for shipping back..

there like any other provider its only as good as the manufactures description -- i've been burnt by gates selling a srt4 water pump and it was a neon one..

so unless its much cheaper than advanced auto parts (with one of there 20% off coupons) ....

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesismachine View Post
    I have ordered from them, and every time have been sent the wrong parts. The 2 people here that have gotten it right are the minority. They sent me the wrong calipers for one of my cars, then charged me to restock the wrong part hen I sent it back. I'll pay the markup locally, f*ck rockauto and their comcast-like "customer service." The only thing worse than their commercials is their service.
    It would probably help if you ordered the right parts, come on, every time???????

boostaholic

My fridge isn't quite as covered as Vigos, but I've had good luck with Rock for the most part. Had some bum parts but those were closeouts.
    MinivanRider

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I just attempted to order a steering rack from them this morning. I clicked to order and a screen came up saying that it was processing my order, and not to hit refresh or back. So I let it run for 20 minutes. Finally I opened a new window. The item was not in my cart and the part was no longer available to order.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

I guess I'll join the club. Here's most of them:

I've only had to return one item to RockAuto under manufacturer warranty. Quick and easy.

Also, I'm not sure if this happened lately, but I can't remember ever seeing so many actual Mopar parts available, albeit at an "outlying" warehouse. Still, between their prices, selection, and wholesaler closeouts offerings that I've cashed in on in the past, I've got nothing but good to say.
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post
    I order a lot of stuff from them and cannot recall having any problems. I just installed 2 brand new cv shafts I got from them for my Spirit R/T and they were perfect.
    We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your RockAuto experience!

- - - Updated - - -

This is what we like to hear! We are glad you are satisfied with your RockAuto experience, Jon!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymopar View Post
    I guess I'll join the club. Here's most of them:

I've only had to return one item to RockAuto under manufacturer warranty. Quick and easy.

Also, I'm not sure if this happened lately, but I can't remember ever seeing so many actual Mopar parts available, albeit at an "outlying" warehouse. Still, between their prices, selection, and wholesaler closeouts offerings that I've cashed in on in the past, I've got nothing but good to say.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your RockAuto experience!
    Do you have a button on your keyboard that posts this automatically?

You have yet to address why Rock Auto reserves the right to substitute parts as they see fit even if a very specific brand and number is ordered and paid for, nor the fact if the "parts manufacture" states the parts fits but does not you have to send it back on the buyers dime.

Anyone can sell a piece and be done with a transaction, service after the sale is what separates the good from the bad.

Feel free to look up my purchase history, I buy several hundred parts a year and not terribly impressed.

Working on clearing the decks.

Hybrid booster

I used to use RockAuto a lot more than I do now. I've had mixed experiences.

1) Ordered an O2 sensor, they sent me some random sensor that belonged on a Ford diesel engine. I contacted them and they sent the right part hassle free, they paid shipping, and they said I could just keep the wrong part too. I was happy with that experience.

2) Ordered a fuel pump for my daily driver. Paid for expedited shipping, but I wish I didn't because it took about the same amount of time as normal to get. Installed said part, and had issues with hard starts. The check valve in the pump was acting up. Contacted customer service. They wanted me to pull the pump, ship it back to them, then they would send me a replacement.... Ummm no, not happening, this is my daily driver... The problem got better and I sold the car anyway...

3) Ordered rear hatch supports/struts for my Charger. They sat in the garage for a couple months before I got around to installing them. They lasted all of 2 seconds before failing after I installed them. Customer service refused replacement because it had been over 30 days since ordering. This really made me angry, I was sold bad parts and denied even a refund. I don't see why it matters when I ordered them. Advance/Napa/Autozone would never do that to me.

I still buy from them, but only things like gaskets/sensors/small stuff for projects.
    Critical components for my daily drivers get bought locally for ease of exchange.
    Shipping has also got out of hand, usually a coupon for advance or autozone makes their prices competitive with rockauto

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Do you have a button on your keyboard that posts this automatically?

You have yet to address why Rock Auto reserves the right to substitute parts as they see fit even if a very specific brand and number is ordered and paid for, nor the fact if the "parts manufacture" states the parts fits but does not you have to send it back on the buyers dime.

Anyone can sell a piece and be done with a transaction, service after the sale is what separates the good from the bad.

Feel free to look up my purchase history, I buy several hundred parts a year and not terribly impressed.
    As mentioned on our help page, sometimes manufacturers buy parts from other manufacturers and re-sell them as their own. In doing so, they declare the quality of the part worthy of their name and stand behind the product with their warranty. Finding a Brand Y part in a Brand X box can be a nice surprise when Y is the vehicle manufacturer (OEM) or another respected brand. It can be frustrating when Y, sold under its own brand, costs less than X.

We have no control over manufacturer supply chains. When we buy a part from Brand X, we pay X's price for it, and your price is based on our cost.

If you disagree with a manufacturer's purchasing decision, you may return the part. Shipping is not refundable, and if you re-order the same brand and part number, you'd likely receive an identical part.

turbo addict

As mentioned on our help page, sometimes manufacturers buy parts from other manufacturers and re-sell them as their own. In doing so, they declare the quality of the part worthy of their .
    I like how it's assumed that everyone will r ad. Your help page before purchasing, just put next to the item what private label means, after my incident I had to use Google to find it because finding it on your site was not easy I am also interested in how you know what parts manufacturers buy from other manufacturers, and the fact that it is the same quality, because in my case the quality seemed like garbage in comparison, and return shipping cost more than it was worth.

Garrett booster

It's always hit of miss when I order. I did order a lot of body trim parts for my van, everything went perfect. I ordered a a/c suction and a/c discharge line for my Daytona, I received the suction line, but they sent my a evaporator instead of the discharge line part number on the box wasn't even close. Of course to correct it, I had to pay to have the wrong part shipped back, no thank you so I had to eat the money I spent. I still order little things from Rock Auto, but for major parts I still go to my local parts store and even ebay.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by RattFink View Post
    3) Ordered rear hatch supports/struts for my Charger. They sat in the garage for a couple months before I got around to installing them. Customer service refused replacement because it had been over 30 days since ordering. I don't see why it matters when I ordered them. Advance/Napa/Autozone would never do that to me.
    Yep same here...ordered a tranny mount for a 07 PT Cruiser GT w/ 5 speed and couldn't get to it before the 30 days was up. Since I hadn't pulled the mount off, I had to go off what their web site said was a valid part for my configuration. Once I got around to the replacement, sure enough, it the wrong part. As expected, the website rejected my return and so was a return email (good luck finding a phone#). They are more than willing to let me buy from them again, but think the useless one I have will look good holding open my door in the house I guess. I even did the home work to find correct one on the manufactures site (which is wrong as well) in hopes I could can get this corrected. I am crossing my fingers my return email will provide some type of compromise we can both deal with.

Its funny you used to never see complains on this forum about RockAuto. Now...its the top of the list..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast