Thread: 04 srt4 turbo upgrade

Mitsu booster

04 srt4 turbo upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my turbo and was looking at two kits from modern performance. One is the Borg Warner S255-RS or the AGP Delta 46. Both kits will have all supporting mods larger fuel injectors and fuel pump ect. Any suggestions on which kit to go with or any other turbos to upgrade to? I'm looking to keeping the engine stock until it's time to rebuild it and will then do upgrade to the internals so with that in mind and I'm only really looking not to go much over 450hp I'd like to keep this car some what of a DD. Also would it be best to go with a manual boost or electronic boost controller or just let the pcm control the boost. IDK if asking to much or would have to go with one or the other of not being able to to this car a DD the hp I'm looking for. I've read lots of post and threads and it gets a bit confusing on what's got and what isn't so I'd like to see what's ur guys input on what I'm looking to doing to my Srt. Thx for the input guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Re: 04 srt4 turbo upgrade

I have AGP's Zeta 2.8 turbo with the .75 twin scroll turbine housing and their twin scroll manifold on my SRT-4 Caravan and it's a daily driver when I'm not riding my bike. The Zeta 2.8 is a little bit bigger than the Delta 46 and I have just enough lag to keep from breaking the tires loose on the street but I'm also running an automatic. The turbine housing and the exhaust manifold were both ceramic coated my AGP. I also have their Precision 46mm external wastegate. I love AGP's stuff and the customer support is beyond phenomenal. I'm putting 360 hp and 460 ft/lbs of torque to the wheels. I noticed once I went 2.4 I couldn't use the grainger valve to control boost anymore and had to go to an electronic boost controller. I'm not sure what style you're referring to for a manual boost controller. You can try the manual and if it doesn't hold boost where you want it you can always upgrade later. I also like having the ability to adjust boost from inside. You said the kit comes with larger injectors, what are you going to do about tuning your PCM?

Mitsu booster

Oh ok cool thx. I was looking at using the Diablo IntuneI2. Idk if that's suitable for what I was looking at running.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 04nsrt4spooln View Post
    Oh ok cool thx. I was looking at using the Diablo IntuneI2. Idk if that's suitable for what I was looking at running.

I have no idea what is a suitable tuner for SRT-4's because I'm running MegaSquirt. I just wanted to make sure that you know you need to tune it if you change injectors. I don't know how much you know.

Mitsu booster

I kinda know a lil not too much. I know if ur boosting higher boost and would like more hp you'd need to upgrade the fuel system by adding larger injector and higher fuel pressure and I was also going add an agp fuel return kit aswell.

turbo addict

Higher fuel volume, not fuel pressure.

Mitsu booster

Yea gotcha.

Garrett booster

I've got a gt3076r from atp on mine and love it. It hits full boost just over 3000rpm and has gone 12.7 on 15psi.

Mitsu booster

Ok nice thx. I'm just looking for the best option for me. Just trying to keep it around the 400-450 hp range.