Thread: Need tires bad, will trade for CNC machined parts or TD stuff

turbo addict

Need tires bad, will trade for CNC machined parts or TD stuff

I need tires bad. Ideally they would be Michelin Pilot Sport (or super sport, or PS2) or similar, 245/40R18 and 285/35R19, two of each. I cant justify buying them right now but I need them bad so I'm looking to trade. I can trade custom CNC machined/welded parts (I make the BMF intake and other turbo dodge products), as well as parts off a 90 daytona. I'm willing do totally custom one-off parts just for you if you want, including significant CAD work and modelling, which you can have as well. I want tires!!!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Re: Need tires bad, will trade for CNC machined parts or TD stuff

I wish I could help you out. I love the Super Sports I put on the Caliber last month.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    I wish I could help you out. I love the Super Sports I put on the Caliber last month.
    I see pretty solid reviews for them...or one of them I cant remember, the PSS PS2 or PS's...but at this point I'd take any of them. What are you comparing them to? Lets hear some juicy details

As far as what I had on there before? I bought the car with the General G-max AS-03, the only thing they offer in the Caliber's 225/45/19 size. They were complete crap even when they had half tread on them. Pathetic at best when dry, scary in the rain, and I never drove them in snow. And they were noisy as hell. I was so glad to be rid of those tires.

My Daytona has the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position (how's that for a mouthful?) and they're very decent. Great in the dry, excellent in the rain, and even good in light snow. Not as good as the Bridgestone G019 Grids I had on it before, but they discontinued those. I have Blizzaks for the winter months which are great, but the tread doesn't last long. General actually makes a better snow tire that lasts longer and at a much better price.

The Charger has the older generation Firehawk Wide Oval, and I LOVE those tires. I never drive it in the snow, but they're awesome both dry and in heavy rain. Even though they're over 8 years old now, they're still great when the car actually moves. Good treadwear too. But they're also long discontinued, having been replaced with the Indy 500 Wide Oval which my wife has on her Fiesta ST. I haven't driven them, but she says she's pretty pleased.

Being the huge Bridgestone/Firestone fan I am, I was looking long and hard at the S-04 Pole Position, but Tire Rack's tests and reviews put the Super Sport just a little in front of them in every category. And for the $200 extra I spent, I hope they were right. But they were smooth and quiet for the 650 mile trip to and from SDAC, and held up to a lot of abuse between the Autocross, Road Rally, Drag Strip, and even a freak downpour when we went clothes shopping in Memphis. I pushed it very hard at the Autocross and only once was I able to get the tail to swing out. For the drag strip (well prepped), even though the car is pretty slow, they kept me pretty consistent for being a first timer.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Buys Michelins, wins Top Gun. There's no coincidence there. Seriously though, the Michelins are an awesome tire. There's a reason they come on so many high end cars.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Buys Michelins, wins Top Gun. There's no coincidence there. Seriously though, the Michelins are an awesome tire. There's a reason they come on so many high end cars.
    I figured if they're good enough for the new Focus RS, they might help on the Caliber. And that pig needs all the help she can get. And Top Gun was pure luck.