Thread: Pre-shaped brake and fuel lines

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Pre-shaped brake and fuel lines

Does anyone know if there is a company that has fuel and brake lines already shaped for a 1991 Dodge Shadow?

turbo addict

Re: Pre-shaped brake and fuel lines

Classic Tube may have some for our vehicles. IIRC some people have sent them lines to copy.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Awesome, thank you Sir.

Hybrid booster

Ugh! I just had this done for the same exact vehicle. I used The Right Stuff in OH. It cost almost $50 to ship my old stuff to them to copy. I knew I should have had them keep my old lines so that they would have a template for others here, and wouldn't have to ask anyone else to ship their stuff! I think it was $210 for all brake lines and they came out really nice.

I priced out all the tubing, flare nuts, and gravel guard and it came to nearly $100. So for the extra $110 to not have to deal with flaring and bending all those lines it was worth it to me.

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned fuel lines too. They did all my fuel lines as well, but honestly, if I had to do it over, I would do those myself this time. They cost about the same as the brake lines, but aren't nearly as difficult to make (no double flares to deal with) and when I priced the tubing out it would have cost less than $50 for all of it.

Jon

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
    Ugh! I just had this done for the same exact vehicle. I used The Right Stuff in OH. It cost almost $50 to ship my old stuff to them to copy. I knew I should have had them keep my old lines so that they would have a template for others here, and wouldn't have to ask anyone else to ship their stuff! I think it was $210 for all brake lines and they came out really nice.

I priced out all the tubing, flare nuts, and gravel guard and it came to nearly $100. So for the extra $110 to not have to deal with flaring and bending all those lines it was worth it to me.

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned fuel lines too. They did all my fuel lines as well, but honestly, if I had to do it over, I would do those myself this time. They cost about the same as the brake lines, but aren't nearly as difficult to make (no double flares to deal with) and when I priced the tubing out it would have cost less than $50 for all of it.

Jon
    Definitely the first class way to go.