Thread: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible. 2.2 TBI 413

boostaholic

1986 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible. 2.2 TBI 413

Date: 20th July 2016
    Username: Big_P
    Full Name: Peter Faggella
    City, State, Zip: Wakefield RI 02879
    Selling or Wanted Price: 2800. Or trade!
    Description: Hi! I hate to do it, but I'm selling my 1986 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible. I bought a house and it's time for me to focus on other things. I've had this girl for over 4 years and she has treated me very well.

She boasts a fuel injected 2.2L powerhouse that's coupled to an automatic transmission.

Is it perfect? No. Remember, it's 30 years old and has some dings. It was repainted at some point but whoever did it did a good job.

The Bad:
    - The convertible top functionally works fine and has no rips or tears, and goes up and down just fine, but latching it is a pain in the ---. Maybe there is an adjustment somewhere. It does latch.
    - Could use a pair of front tires soon. It's a summer-only car for me so I never really worried about it.
    - Radio is a little funky. I think it's a wiring issue. One speaker works. It has a factory CD player out of a mid 90's Caravan.
    - The left turn signal doesn't cancel.

The Good:
    Inspected until 04/2018
    - New timing belt
    - New fuel pump
    - New alternator
    - New voltage regulator
    - New serpentine belt
    - New engine computer
    - A few various new sensors
    - New brake calipers, pads, rotors a few years ago.
    - Driver's seat has been reupholstered ($550! What was I thinking?)
    - New carpet.
    - ALL FOUR POWER WINDOWS WORK (I dare you to find another one of these with all the windows working).
    - Recent rear shocks
    - Recent front struts
    - Recent alignment with camber adjustment.
    - REBUILT TRANSMISSION! a413 turbo trans.
    - New front axles
    - NO RUST! I will gladly put the vehicle up on the lift I have in my garage and show you. You will be impressed.

I have a ton of parts kicking around for this thing I will include if you want it. I have been into old K-cars for about 10+ years and have amassed more parts than I care to admit.

I put a lot of time and money into it but it's time for someone else to enjoy it. This is a cool old cruiser that I always got compliments on. I need a car now to get me from A to B that doesn't get 14mpg like my '11 Ram does. I'll consider any 5 speed Mopar for trade. Hopefully no turbo cars (I'm probably the only person to ever say that here

Any questions please call, text or e-mail.

Thank you.

Sold with bill of sale, as a title is not required for this vehicle in this state.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2239.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	58954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2237.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	58953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2238.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	869.1 KB 
ID:	58955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2240.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	58956  
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

boostaholic

Re: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible. 2.2 TBI 413

Looks awesome..good luck with your sale

boostaholic

Thanks She was very good to me. I have no idea why the pictures came in upside down. Weird. They're right side up on the computer.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Big_P View Post
    Thanks She was very good to me. I have no idea why the pictures came in upside down. Weird. They're right side up on the computer.
    Is your computer upside down?Nice car, GLWS.