Thread: Won't rev past 4K

Mitsu booster

Won't rev past 4K

I have a 89 shadow with a 2.5 and some small work done to it. Like a big turbo and the supporting mods to handle it. But when I put the 65lb injectors in the car I got from Cindy at fwdp the car won't rev past 4K. With the stock injectors I can rev it all the way to 7k I've bought 3 different sets of injectors and the car still does it. with the stock injectors on 18psi the car is at 9.3 air to fuel which is to lean for me but now the car won't rev and I can't figure out why because everything is the same just different injectors.

boostaholic

Re: Won't rev past 4K

do you have a the calibration to support the 65 pound injectors?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

How is 9.3 too lean? That's drowning in fuel!
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige.racing View Post
    I have a 89 shadow with a 2.5 and some small work done to it. Like a big turbo and the supporting mods to handle it. But when I put the 65lb injectors in the car I got from Cindy at fwdp the car won't rev past 4K. With the stock injectors I can rev it all the way to 7k I've bought 3 different sets of injectors and the car still does it. with the stock injectors on 18psi the car is at 9.3 air to fuel which is to lean for me but now the car won't rev and I can't figure out why because everything is the same just different injectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    How is 9.3 too lean? That's drowning in fuel!
    Agree 100%. The lower the number the richer you are. I think the OP found his issue. It won't rev because it can't burn the fuel... If he's at 9.3 on stock injectors, Lord only knows what he's at with the big ones. Probably on the verge of hydro-locking the poor thing....

boostaholic

Do you have a aftermarket afpr? If so what's it set at with the vac line unhooked?

Mitsu booster

I'm just gonna have the car tuned locally to be done with it they and I'm tired of calling Cindy and I can't drive there she lives too far away. I'm very surprised On stock injectors it's running too rich on 18 pounds. I guess I was reading my air fuel gauge wrong I thought the smaller the number the leaner it is oh well learn something new every day LOL rather run Rich then lean=(BOOM)

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

9.3 is like washing oil of the cyl walls and diluting your oil rich. And a stock cal at 18psi shouldn't be anywhere near that, so either you have a problem with the regulator or something, or your wideband sensor is off.

I hope you have at least a socketed computer and your local tuner has MP Tune and a burner or Ostrich, otherwise you'll be out of luck on a tune also...
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Mitsu booster

I have the stage5 cal from Cindy the car is going to be on 28psi but I know that stock injectors won't be good to that so I bought some 65lb injectors from Cindy the car also have a Aeromotive 320lph pump but I don't want to try and Mail the ecu back down to Cindy and mess with all that I'm not saying it's a bad time by any means I mean it's a mail order tune so I ease the expecting it to work great because everyone builds different setups so I'm gonna have a local guy tune the car.

Hybrid booster

I would change your oil right before
    You get it tune and after. You might be surprised
    How much gas could be in the oil it has happend to me

Garrett booster

Years ago I tried a stage 5 cal, and it was pretty much set to run the car at 9.0AFR from idle to redline. I have no idea what motors those things are tuned for.