Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Paul V. still alive?

Re: Is Paul V. still alive?

"......I just think that he did not anticipate the huge demand for his cals once he offered them for sale......."

well put.

Paul's a great cal guy, I once suggested to him he should double his pricing to address the supply/demand situation, i know i'd still pay.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by altered7151 View Post
    Honestly I'd have been happy if Paul just sent me an email telling me he was super busy at the moment, and he would get the cal reworked when things calmed down a bit.
    Exactly! I'm more than willing to accomodate.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Well lets just wait and let Paul or Chris speak. No need on ANY one's part to speculate or anything.

Thanks guys!
    Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

I know I probably was beating a dead horse when I started this thread, but my purpose wasn't to bash either Paul or Chris, but just to see if anyone had any contact with Paul lately, or any news on cal progress.

I'd also like to state that I have nothing but good things to say about both Paul and Chris. TU is an awesome vendor, one I have done quite a few transactions with, and will continue to do business with. I think Paul just got in over his head and didn't anticipate the amount of work he was taking on. Yes I am frustrated with my cal situation, but I hold no grudge. Paul is only doing this parttime trying to pay the bills like the rest of us. That being said, just some more effort on customer relations on his part would definitally go a long way with myself and the rest of the community I'm sure.

He Is Alive.....

And I just spoke with him.

Paul's new full-time job@CHRYSLER had not allowed him to dedicate as much time to the cals as he would like. Now that orientation is over he has been getting caught up with cal orders. In the past, Paul and I had made small changes to streamline the order process, but, with the ever growing popularity of his cals those changes had not been as effective as we would have liked them to be. It seems whenever we started accepting new orders Paul would quickly become overwhelmed and get behind again. We then had to take his calibrations off the site until he could get caught up. While Paul's cals were removed from our site demand for them would increase until the next time we accepted orders then we would get overwhelmed again and the cycle would just repeat itself over. Now, we have come up with several major changes to processing Performance Calibration orders. These changes will be implemented prior to returning the performance cals to our site so that there will be no interruptions in ordering or delays in shipping them in the future. We have already set the ground work in place to accomplish this goal. Once we are 100% caught up with back orders and existing issues we will once again be accepting new orders.

In regard to existing cal issues, Paul has worked with several customers who have stated they had problems with their cals only to find out later that the issues had nothing to do with his products. Even the best of the best have overlooked small problems. Aaron Miller was experiencing a high RPM miss which was initially thought to be the cal. After further inspection it turned out the center post of the distributor cap was missing . Once corrected it brought new life to the vehicle again. The point I'm trying to make is that it's easy to miss things sometimes and we are all guilty of it. Now I'm not saying that everyone with an issue is wrong and that Paul is perfect all the time. Or that he has never shipped a cal that may have not been 100% right, but, he does his best to test his products before they are developed and distributed to avoid future issues. Before fingers are publicly pointed at the one person who's help you need, customers should go over their entire vehicle to verify everything is routed and hooked up properly. I can't tell you how frustrating it is for him when customers get on the boards bashing his cals only to find out later that it was actually their sensors, wiring, vacuum lines, spark plugs, etc. that was causing the problem. And only a handful of these customers actually return to clear the air and post that it was THEIR issue not the cals. Many times customers make changes to their set up that Paul was not aware of and these changes were not programmed into the cal. Remember, these are "CUSTOM" cals made for specific engine size, head type, valve size, turbo and other upgrades. It's only after long conversations on the phone or multiple emails back and forth with the customer that it's determined what the real problem was. These conversations on the phone and through the internet take time. Time that Paul needs to complete the new orders that are coming in. The more time Paul spends on the phone and on the internet assisting customers with issues that they could possibly resolve on their own, the less time he has to dedicate to completing calibrations and the slower the turnaround time becomes.

I am not focusing on any one person out there so I hope no one takes offense. I am only venting for Paul right now. If you have ever had an opportunity to talk with him or watch him in action you will immediately realize that this small community cannot afford to lose someone with his talents. And when you think about where he is working now, his cals will only get better. Moparzrule pretty much said it all when he stated only 6-10 people are complaining about needing assistance with existing cals. Most people will not speak up if they are satisfied, but, more will speak up if they are dissatisfied. TU has distributed over 200 of Paul's cals in the short time we have been offering them. That gives us a 95-97% success rate which is extremely good. Do you know of any other vendors out there who can come close to those numbers? Believe me, his cals are worth the wait. All orders that have not been filled will be addressed first. He will then resolve existing cal order issues and then we can look at moving forward with our new program and accepting new orders. I know that everyone will be pleased once we get to that point. For now, please just be patient a little bit longer. He is planning on posting here in the next couple of days. Please let him get caught up and don't email him back or call him. If he needs to get your information for a cal he will contact you. It's difficult for me to say where everyone stands in line, but, he will be attacking the oldest orders first and moving forward.

As always TU appreciates your business and continued support. We are approaching our 10th year Anniversary and we will be releasing many new and innovative products in the coming months.

Stay Tuned!

Chris Wright
    Turbos Unleashed, Inc.
    602-76-BOOST
    602-762-6678
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Thanks for the reply and explanation Chris.

Hybrid booster

Happy day happy day!

Thanks for the update Chris!

Simon and Matt,
    I just cleaned up your last set of posts. I wont be cleaning more of this thread if you get my point. Keep the thread on track... aka comments pointed towards Chris and Paul. Not at each other. Opinions are great, but not in this thread.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Garrett booster

Thanks a ton for the post Chris.

I am not dead, I just smell that way! There are a lot of other factors not being mentioned here, and I don't really think there is a need to complain or make excuses about what was going on a few months back that totaled up to me refusing to take a phone call, the bottom line is I was at a point where most of my time whether it was at my day job, the evening, or even while I was trying to sleep was spent informing customers how to set up a car once they bought a cal, that was driving backorder time through the roof, the questions/problems seemed to only be getting more simple and basic, and some of those very same people even trashed me on the list if I didn't get back to them right away to give the next round of advice. I'm done with that now, you should have a higher than basic mechanical understanding of your car if you're going to run the level of power that various parts and higher pressure and fuel rate cals can provide, and I'm done handing out educations in vehicle repairs with the purchase of every calibration. I know it sounds a little harsh, but trust me, it WILL be better in the long run.

Anyone that couldn't wait and got refunded, I'm very sorry, anyone that is waiting still, THANK YOU, it won't be much longer, and anyone that had to get a "competitors" cal instead.... Hold on to your receipts, I'll be taking care of you folks.

Have a great holiday everyone! Please don't crash this thread with "call me" letters or "PM sent" notices, I'm spending Thanksgiving with the family and not doing any work (that's important) and as Chris stated we're going to handle any existing orders first, problems next, and then we're putting the new line up and taking orders again, it will be a TD first and I know you guys will like it.

Paul

Thank you for your response Paul.
    Frank Katzenberger

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Thanks Paul, I know your a good guy, just wish what happened didn't, I enjoyed talking to you when you had the time. We all know you can do the job, we just want what your capable of. Thanks for finally clearing the air and I wait on pins and needles for my GOOD cal.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Thanks Paul, I know your a good guy, just wish what happened didn't, I enjoyed talking to you when you had the time. We all know you can do the job, we just want what your capable of. Thanks for finally clearing the air and I wait on pins and needles for my GOOD cal.
    +1

I have not totally given up on getting my cal fixed someday and puting down some good numbers.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Quote Originally Posted by mrboost View Post
    I am not dead, I just smell that way! There are a lot of other factors not being mentioned here, and I don't really think there is a need to complain or make excuses about what was going on a few months back that totaled up to me refusing to take a phone call, the bottom line is I was at a point where most of my time whether it was at my day job, the evening, or even while I was trying to sleep was spent informing customers how to set up a car once they bought a cal, that was driving backorder time through the roof, the questions/problems seemed to only be getting more simple and basic, and some of those very same people even trashed me on the list if I didn't get back to them right away to give the next round of advice. I'm done with that now, you should have a higher than basic mechanical understanding of your car if you're going to run the level of power that various parts and higher pressure and fuel rate cals can provide, and I'm done handing out educations in vehicle repairs with the purchase of every calibration. I know it sounds a little harsh, but trust me, it WILL be better in the long run.

Anyone that couldn't wait and got refunded, I'm very sorry, anyone that is waiting still, THANK YOU, it won't be much longer, and anyone that had to get a "competitors" cal instead.... Hold on to your receipts, I'll be taking care of you folks.

Have a great holiday everyone! Please don't crash this thread with "call me" letters or "PM sent" notices, I'm spending Thanksgiving with the family and not doing any work (that's important) and as Chris stated we're going to handle any existing orders first, problems next, and then we're putting the new line up and taking orders again, it will be a TD first and I know you guys will like it.

Paul
    Thanks for your cals and work...hope all is well!

turbo addict

Paul, your cal works great in my GLH with 2.5L and G-head.

Garrett booster

Thanks for the communication both Chris and Paul, it is reassuring. I look forward to having my cal fixed!

Hybrid booster

TIII ?

Garrett booster

Lightbulb Re: Is Paul V. still alive?

The following ideas might help:

1. Create a calibration fault-finder checklist and/or FAQ sheet
    2. Have an online support ticket system
    3. Charge extra if people want direct phone support
    4. A sub-forum just for TU calibration technical issues (serves as a database)

If the customer has a problem with the cal then do the following:
    1. Go through the checklist first
    2. Open an online support ticket with full details of the problem
    3. Give the vendor a reasonable amount of time to reply (3 business days?)

Don't know if it's been done.. just trying to help

Thats good but I don't agree with charging for the phone call part, sometimes, thats the easiest way to talk and diagnose the problem. 15 emails sometimes just doesn't work,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Quote Originally Posted by tps25pentium View Post
    The following ideas might help:

1. Create a calibration fault-finder checklist and/or FAQ sheet
    2. Have an online support ticket system
    3. Charge extra if people want direct phone support
    4. A sub-forum just for TU calibration technical issues (serves as a database)

If the customer has a problem with the cal then do the following:
    1. Go through the checklist first
    2. Open an online support ticket with full details of the problem
    3. Give the vendor a reasonable amount of time to reply (3 business days?)

Don't know if it's been done.. just trying to help

Thanks for the suggestions tps25pentium . We came up with something very similar to your suggestions. Once we are ready to accept new orders we will launch the new program.

At this time we have no plans for charging for phone support. Except for Simon that is

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 11-25-2006 at 04:38 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

At this time we have no plans for charging for phone support. Except for Simon that is

Chris-TU
    Why I outta!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 11-26-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast