Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Paul V. still alive?

Hybrid booster

Is Paul V. still alive?

So has anyone had any kind of correspondence with Paul in the past few months? He did a cal for me and its bad, hits boost cutout at like 2psi. I have one of Shel-game's cal and it works fine, but it sure would be nice to use the cal I paid Paul for. I tried both emailling and calling him and no luck. Starting think I have a really pricey fishing lure on my hands.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Is Paul V. still alive?

Join the long line.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

I haven't seen Paul online for probably over a year. Either he blocked me on AIM or he's just gone..

turbo addict

Last I heard he was alive... that was from 3 days ago.

Yea I was all about a TU cal but after watching all these posts, i think shelgame has my back when I build an engine this winter

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

+1 for having heard that he is alive fairly recently.

Hybrid booster

So now that we've established that he's alive, anyone talk to him in the past few months, and is he providing any kind of customer service to people with his cals. In retrospect I wish I would have just spent the money on a megasquirt setup.

No support as of yet, I have 2 bum cals. Give Chris W a ring.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    No support as of yet, I have 2 bum cals. Give Chris W a ring.
    Chris can only do so much when it comes to getting in touch with him. I had the same problem but he came thru at the last minute. But one thing I tell you, Paul hit the sweet spot on the engine and also gave me a couple of features that I didn't ask for that came in handy. In other words, it was worth the wait. As far as Chris W.? He is on the same boat we are, that is trying to get in touch with him.

turbo addict

Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    That is on my future upgrades Thanks for the info

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    www.msefi.com

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post
    Chris can only do so much when it comes to getting in touch with him. I had the same problem but he came thru at the last minute. But one thing I tell you, Paul hit the sweet spot on the engine and also gave me a couple of features that I didn't ask for that came in handy. In other words, it was worth the wait. As far as Chris W.? He is on the same boat we are, that is trying to get in touch with him.
    Yeah I have contacted Chris a couple times and he's been great with everything, but like you said its pretty much out of his hands. I know Paul does good work on the cals, but there comes a point where you have to draw a line in the sand as far as waiting goes. I'm getting pretty tired of of looking at the car in the garage, its not the prettiest thing, but it'd sure look alot better on the track

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post

Thats what Chris told me.

Worth the wait? are you kidding? I spent over a year chasing down the fact it wouldn't run over 20 psi of boost and go faster than 14's, I changed everything except the cal, I finally did and ran 13's with ease. I get another chip and it won't run off idle and won't start when cold outside, need to use starter fluid.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

or you can always 'learn to burn!'
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Thats what Chris told me.

Worth the wait? are you kidding? I spent over a year chasing down the fact it wouldn't run over 20 psi of boost and go faster than 14's, I changed everything except the cal, I finally did and ran 13's with ease. I get another chip and it won't run off idle and won't start when cold outside, need to use starter fluid.

Yeah I feel the same way, got my car all together and it wouldn't boost over 2-3psi. Tore my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong, had no CEL codes so couldn't use it to trouble shoot. Had Rob burn me a new cal and I popped it in with no other changes and it boost right up, granted it seems to be leaning out, but the problem wasn't with the mechanical, it was a bad chip.

As far as "Learning to burn", I figure if I'm going to make the investment in some chips and a burner, as well as learn to use chem and d-cal, for a little more investment I can get a megasquirt setup and learn a system that will work on any car, just not turbo mopars.

On the flip side...if you have several TDs and you want to do cals for some or all of them, then it is much more cost effective to "learn and burn". Burners can be had for 50 bux or less. Chips are a couple of bucks each on eBay (though they are getting harder to find as DIPs, due to the whole lead-free thing). Then you just need to get your modules socketed or do them yourself if you have the skillz.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    or you can always 'learn to burn!'
    +1 I lived in relativly the same area as Paul, but decided to try it on my own rather than trying to meet up with someone every time I wanted to make an adjustment. Also, by my calculations you could be set up to do your own cals for right around $100 if you don't own any of the tools at all.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Learn the burn!!

I am FINALLY running the Blueberry. I had accumulated everything and then ran into problem after problem - my socketed LM took a crap, my #4 piston took a crap, etc. Finally, I have all the "other" stuff taken care of and have burned a +40 version of Blueberry. It runs excellent.

The $100 figure is very accurate. You can change anything you want anytime and not have to worry about sending the cal in for an adjustment.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by altered7151 View Post
    So has anyone had any kind of correspondence with Paul in the past few months? He did a cal for me and its bad, hits boost cutout at like 2psi. I have one of Shel-game's cal and it works fine, but it sure would be nice to use the cal I paid Paul for. I tried both emailling and calling him and no luck. Starting think I have a really pricey fishing lure on my hands.
    After waiting almost a year to get my TU cal, it has the exact same 2psi overboost issue, plus the car will barely start with it. Toss in a different chip and the car drives fine.

That was probably 5 months ago and I have not been able to get Paul to reply to anything since.

I just want the proper working TU cal that I paid for. What can we do? I guess I'll just send more e-mails

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast