Thread: Shelby Lancer parts needed to finish restoration!

Mitsu booster

Shelby Lancer parts needed to finish restoration!

Hi All! I need a few items to finish the restoration on my 1987 Shelby Lancer. First: the muffler and exhaust tips. This has the two curved pipes that come out at the end. From what I can gather, this unit is....one piece?!

Second: The remote control unit for the back seat occupants for the use of the Pioner DEX77 CD and stereo. This piece goes onto the rear of the front console.

Third: Front console lid. I have one in another color that needs to be dyed to match the dark charcoal, but if anyone has one in great shape in the original color I would like to purchase
    it!

Fourth: I collect oddball stuff for the Shelby Dodge cars, including the Lancers. Anybody know the whereabouts of any of the cardboard cutoust used for the Thrifty Rental car promotion using
    the 1987 Shelby Lancer? Some were put up in the larger airports.Cash waits if you have one!

I appreciate you looking/finding these items for me. Saving this car (automatic/leather) was important to me....and the Shelby Dodge community! Thank you!

Gerry, reach me at 570-320-7396 or cell 570-419-2901

PS: If there is a mint leather srivers seat out there, I am game. Otherwise, going to have the current one refinished to original specs.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

Re: Shelby Lancer parts needed to finish restoration!

I can help with the DEX back seat remote.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Mitsu booster

Thank you for your help! I sent you a private e-mail!

If it didn't go through, please call me at the phone numbers listed!

Gerry

armrests are here:

F351 EE8 1 Cordovan
    F351 EK1 1 Almond
    F351 DS8 1 Charcoal
    F351 FC5 1 Blue

I have some of these but not charcoal and have the blue one NOS

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

So Gerry, was this the last SL made and it's still in plastic then You must have put an extension on the house because last we talked you were all full up (except kitchen and bath and those were off limits)

Save for the cardboard display I had all of those parts, key word had Divorce forces sale (or more like throw a substantial portion of a 20 year collection away in the 2 days it takes to move out) so the 'junk' had to go Turns out I'm paying the price for this shortsightedness as it looks like my original SL (#748 a 'factory mule' car that spent it's first four years at the Whittier assembly plant where whoever whenever would use it to run around town, potentially Carroll hisself drove it at some point between 87-91??) is coming back to me in the next couple years because the guy I sold it to is about done with it. So I'll probably be looking for some of the very pieces I parted with

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mitsu booster

Hi Martin- hey, I already bought that used console lid from you! It's the one that needs to
    be dyed in the correct color! And the seam has to be glued. Let's up it works!

To the unfortunate "divorced gentleman" who had Shelby Lancer parts but no more.....
    hmmmm, I knew there was a reason not to get married when a bunch of cars or parts are
    Important in life!

i do not own the last SL built, but the final G-body Daytona. An Iroc/RT in Emerald
    green with 9 miles. Have a few others I bought new also! I will be building an eextension
    at some point!

Now..... Who has a SL muffler and exhaust tips for me???

regards, Gerry

There's rumors going around that the 93 R/T you own actually has over 400,000 miles on it and you put it on jack stands
    and then put it in reverse and "drove it" until it got back down to 9 miles. Your neighbor said you were going to buy gas for it
    constantly and there was blue smoke pouring from the exhaust. But hey that's just a rumor I just made up.

Would love to see pictures of the engine compartment and the rest of it too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Hi All! I need a few items to finish the restoration on my 1987 Shelby Lancer. First: the muffler and exhaust tips. This has the two curved pipes that come out at the end. From what I can gather, this unit is....one piece?!

Second: The remote control unit for the back seat occupants for the use of the Pioner DEX77 CD and stereo. This piece goes onto the rear of the front console.

Third: Front console lid. I have one in another color that needs to be dyed to match the dark charcoal, but if anyone has one in great shape in the original color I would like to purchase
    it!

Fourth: I collect oddball stuff for the Shelby Dodge cars, including the Lancers. Anybody know the whereabouts of any of the cardboard cutoust used for the Thrifty Rental car promotion using
    the 1987 Shelby Lancer? Some were put up in the larger airports.Cash waits if you have one!

I appreciate you looking/finding these items for me. Saving this car (automatic/leather) was important to me....and the Shelby Dodge community! Thank you!

Gerry, reach me at 570-320-7396 or cell 570-419-2901

PS: If there is a mint leather srivers seat out there, I am game. Otherwise, going to have the current one refinished to original specs.
    We have the exhaust. Will follow up with photo later today.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Mitsu booster

Thank you Chris! Looking forward to seeing it!

Hope the curved tips are intact!

Hope you are remotely close to Pennsylvania.....knock on wood!

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Thank you Chris! Looking forward to seeing it!

Hope the curved tips are intact!

Hope you are remotely close to Pennsylvania.....knock on wood!

Gerry
    Gerry,

It's been a while since we removed this from a Shelby Lancer we parted. I am fairly certain this is what you are looking for. BTW- We also have a white roof and trunk spoiler for a Lancer Shelby spoiler. Can post pics of them too.

Chris-TU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160707_134827.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	58909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160707_134843.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	58910
    Last edited by Chris W; 07-12-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----