OK, y'know when you fix one thing something else totally unrelated breaks? Well, here's a good one.

84 Rampage recently purchased. Was MoparGarret's. The wiring is a rat's nest under the dash and did several "jury rigs" (I'm being kind here). Anyways, my Memorial Day on weekend projects included moving three A/M gauges from the driver's A pillar to where the radio goes. Pulled the radio as you can't hear anything with no A/C, windows rolled down and engine noise. They were boost, tach and wideband A/F meter.

Power wires were just shoved in fuse holders, no backlights and had to tone a lot of the wiring out. Got it all finished late that Sunday evening.

Just for reference, I have an MSD 6AL ignition system model #6420 with a Blaster 2 coil #8202. Also have boost retard module. Everything worked just fine before.

Go to start it the next morning and it wouldn't start. Power good, starter cranks. Accidentally discovered as soon as I let go of the starter key it would turn over and eventually start. Downloaded the wiring diagrams and tested all connections for both ignition module and coil. Found out that power was getting to the module in both start and run. Coil only got power in run, not start. There is a "jury rigged" fuse holder between the starter relay and a power wire. Guy who sold it to me (MoparDude in KS) said he added something in the wiring that should have been there that MoparGarret didn't do. Asked him about it, and come to find that there is a zener diode in the fuse holder. The fuse holder and diode was the power source for the ignition system. In the start position only one wire is hot. In the run position it should provide power to the ignition system.

That's pretty much all I know at this time. Somehow, something got --- backwards with the coil. Emailed MSD support and they were pretty much worthless. Posted in MSD forum a week ago, no response. I'm hoping that this is just a Homer moment (Doh!) and there is a simple fix. However, with all the "jury rigged" wiring, that sounds too hopeful. I'm attaching a link to pictures of the engine compartment focused on the starter relay that has the diode fuse holder and the MSD box and coil. They're high res and you should be able to zoom in for a closer look.

https://goo.gl/photos/DGh1fd1VRryGuXTL6

I will bow down and repeat "I'm not worthy" three times to whoever can help me overcome this crazy issue.