Thread: MeanMini vs. Charger Scat Pack

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

MeanMini vs. Charger Scat Pack

It could have been an SRT8, i really couldn't tell for sure since i was too excited. It had the black spoiler on the back, and had a hood scoupe. Looking at pics, it looked like this one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1466277636516.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	58587

Anyway the story goes, I'm pulling up to a light and i get right to the line. I spot the charger across the intersection in the turning lane in the opposite direction.
    When the turning light changes, the charger pulls a u-turn to the same direction i'm pointed and guns it after he straightened up from the uturn.
    The thing sounds raspy, but deep and sweet!!
    I have to wait for my light to change, but i switch to high boost so at least i have 19psi to work with. My light changes and i briskly leave the line looking for the charger.
    I spot him stopped at the next light ahead and hope it stays red a bit.
    I luck out and the light stays red long enough for me to be stopped right next to him. I think i can hear some laughing as i came to a crisp stop.
    I have my fan on, and it is hot out. I think to myself i wish i had my fash cam or my gopro.
    I don't bother to powerbrake, or use the 2step. Light turns green and Mr. Charger is sort of asleep. I don't get into it too much but i already had the jump on him and see him in my right mirror behind me. He must not have liked seeing a nearly 30 year old minivan get the jump on him because i see him pour it on! But, i got my sleep the night before and as soon as i see him gain in my mirror my foot hits the floor.
    Mini at that point put her dancing shoes to work and i hear a brief bark as she hit her 23psi boost spike before settling out at 19.
    I look in my side mirror, and Charger dude must have been wondering just what world he was living in when he couldn't gain anymore on Mini.

Mini is good to about 60mph in 1st gear, and i ended up hitting my rev limiter at 6400, before shifting into 2nd. I only hit about 70 before the Charger had enough.

It was thoroughly enjoyable!
    I need to take Mini "dancing" in the city mote often!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Re: MeanMini vs. Charger Scat Pack

Nice!

turbo addict

awesome! i remember loving hear Gus tell street race stories of Mean Mini online before i could drive and that is what got me into them. I am glad to see you are continuing to share. You probably just helped out the economy as this guy is searching for performance parts as we speak so he can be at least faster than a minivan :-)

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That is awesome.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Nice!!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

It's been a long time since I've heard a mean mini story. I think I have Gus's saved somewhere. Good job Wayne and mini!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Haha nice!
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD