Thread: Show your Gauge Layouts of MPScan

turbo addict

Show your Gauge Layouts of MPScan

I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone is displaying their gauges, and what things they are logging for tuning, or diagnostics. Screenshots or log files , I am finally getting mine going and wanted to see what good ideas you guys have had, maybe reasons why you have certain gauges etc.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: Show your Gauge Layouts of MPScan

One user tip i will mention that i discovered if you intend to use the logs in .csv format at some point, the order you add the gauges is the order they are displayed in the .csv file.

As i built some layouts i noticed the .csv file was different.
    (Keeping at least RPM, MAP, AFRwb together will be helpful too, because when you tune the PumpEffTbl in MPTune, you need to import that data, so it makes it a bit more efficient to cut & paste when they are together.)

I just made a quick digital gauge layout for my new win10 laptop to test. I could try to post. I think i've linked some other config files (.mpc) earlier in the MPScan thread.
    3bar_MPScan.zip

**Just an important note though, the AFRwb gauge may not work for you, depending on if you are using the same instrument, Innovate MTX-L and the WB2NB turbonator function.
    If you have a different WB, you'll have to get it properly set up, or your logged values will be wrong.
    Last edited by wheming; 06-17-2016 at 06:53 PM.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    One user tip i will mention that i discovered if you intend to use the logs in .csv format at some point, the order you add the gauges is the order they are displayed in the .csv file.

As i built some layouts i noticed the .csv file was different.
    (Keeping at least RPM, MAP, AFRwb together will be helpful too, because when you tune the PumpEffTbl in MPTune, you need to import that data, so it makes it a bit more efficient to cut & paste when they are together.)

I just made a quick digital gauge layout for my new win10 laptop to test. I could try to post. I think i've linked some other config files (.mpc) earlier in the MPScan thread.
    3bar_MPScan.zip

**Just an important note though, the AFRwb gauge may not work for you, depending on if you are using the same instrument, Innovate MTX-L and the WB2NB turbonator function.
    If you have a different WB, you'll have to get it properly set up, or your logged values will be wrong.
    Great thanks last night i was actually going through your thread looking at your .csv files and wondered about the order thing, I will check out this layout too as i do have an innovate

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Great thanks last night i was actually going through your thread looking at your .csv files and wondered about the order thing, I will check out this layout too as i do have an innovate
    Are you using the analog output 1 (0-5v output ) for your O2 sensor voltage to the smec?

I like this order for the gauges because it keeps those 3 required for MPTune together, and my Cylinder retards are grouped together for easy viewing when scrolling through a run log.

To minimize the log, you can set a trigger. You pick a gauge, like TPSv and pick the start log and stop log values. Example: TPSv start log at 2.0v, and stop log at 0.9v
    As you floor it, the logging will start at 2.0v and continue logging until you let off and dip to 0.9v
    That's handy for logging specific times like tuning wot.

It works really well in the new MPScandroid2/MPSciLink.
    I need to try it in the MPScan PC version.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

turbo addict

Awesome good information, I want to get this working and then definitely try MPscandroid do you have it on a tablet? Also is the information for that in the same mpscan thread

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Awesome good information, I want to get this working and then definitely try MPscandroid do you have it on a tablet? Also is the information for that in the same mpscan thread

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I think i posted my MPScanDroid config file in that thread. The logging is generally decent, but one reason for the evolution to MPSciLink, was to increase the reliability of the logging. The protocol sometimes gets some sample failures. (You would see several events of the same value, which for some sensors shouldn't happen, for instance 3 consecutive time events of the ssme rpm while accelrating.)

I think i loaded it on my tablet, but have not tried. I've used on my primary phone using MPSCANDROID v1
    And on my previous and now spare phone using MPScandroid v2
    I don't know if Morris (wowzer ) has made v2 public yet, but if not, it should be close. I've been doing what i can to help function test and provide some user feedback. It is pretty nice with the changes.
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Here is what i made last night, found out a bout issues with changing back and forth between ECU types can mess you up because that info must not be stored in the gauge layout file. I will now probably have to redo it in order as you suggest so i don't have to always be swapping columns on the .csv output.

Do you use the csv for tuning or do you use the graph or both? I think the graph could be useful but i need to play with it more to see if i can change the viewing size and such

Honestly i have never tried the graph.
    When you try to use the tool to tune the PEFTBL in MPTune, you need to import a .csv of the three sensors (rpm, map [be mindful of your map readings will most likely not be in absolute, so you may need to uncheck that box], and AFRwb)

Those are the only ones you need for that tool. But, i like to also view the log of periods in boost and verify no cylinder retards. If using a turbonator cal, you have the option for the CE flashing when there is a timing retard. I also set my gauge to alarm RET1-4 if value >0.01°
    This way the dashboard and mpl file will show the gauge red when there is a retard.

One useful thing i think will work, although it might just be easier to build a new layout, if you do a log and view the gauge order in .csv, you can just click on the gauge and reselect which sensor you want. However i think you'll be stuck with whether its a dial, bit, or digital.
    Wayne H.

boostaholic

My latest layout on the R/T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    My latest layout on the R/T

I love the Mopar styling with the blue thanks for sharing

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

wow!! 19 gauges. that's a bandwidth pig!! as a reminder - you can make the gauge backgrounds/borders etc any color (including being transparent) as well as moving the value numbers up/down and the gauge name. i do love that mopar background.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    wow!! 19 gauges. that's a bandwidth pig!! as a reminder - you can make the gauge backgrounds/borders etc any color (including being transparent) as well as moving the value numbers up/down and the gauge name. i do love that mopar background.
    19 gauges and everything runs smoothly on my netbook!