Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 91 Shadow R/T Convertible

Hybrid booster

Re: 91 Shadow R/T Convertible

Now that's sweet!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Not to clutter your build thread too much Johnny but did you ever see the dash in the LeRampage my brother built? Everything worked, travelor, digital gauges etc. What a ton of hours that was!
    Wow, you guys are RockStars...
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

Nice build. I like "one of none" cars.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
    Now that's sweet!
    We never did our own build thread (that wasn't a 'Thing' back then like it is now) but most of the pics and details are in the middle of this thread somewhere. Long read but if you have 3 hours to burn it's a great thread

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=show+off+your

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

I would venture to bet that all of the K-based cars can "fit" each other. Where the mounts are located, etc...that's going to be different, but not insurmountable. I know for fact the G/J/Q can interchange, but again, the cowl mount points (especially Q and the later G/J) can be in different locations.

Now, how well the door cards play with the dash....that's a different story....

Hybrid booster

Yeah, there's going to be little bit of a weird gap between the shadow door panels and the spirit dash (spirit door panels protrude out and "fit" into side of spirit dash). The good news is that if I decide to put a cage in it, the front bars might just fit in there and fill that gap nicely!

There won't be any progress on this car for a couple weeks. I need to get my crossfire back together (it's all torn apart to fix rodent damage shown a few pages back in this thread). I need to take that for at least one top-down ride this year before it gets too cold out!

Jon

Hybrid booster

Quick update - got the crossfire back together and planned to start back up on the convertible, but due to all the rodent problems in my current barn/garage, I decided to build a new garage. So I'll be getting my lot ready (removing a walkway, moving a flower bed, etc.) for them to start the foundation next week, and probably won't make any progress on the convertible for another few weeks.

I'm still hoping to finish the wiring and get the engine in and running before the snow flies, but it's getting late in the season now, so I'm not sure if that will happen.

Jon

Hybrid booster

Did I say next week? LOL! Concrete guy called and said another customer was having problems with their permit and asked if he could do mine this week instead of next. Ummm...sure! He even had his crew take care of all the stuff I wanted to move and saved me a good 10 hours of back breaking work.

I don't want to clutter this thread with garage pics, but...

Day 1:

I don't have the framers scheduled to go until the end of October, but maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be able to move me up in their schedule.

Next pic is completed garage with convertible in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day1-1200x900.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	731.3 KB 
ID:	59384  
    Last edited by jonnyb; 09-27-2016 at 08:10 AM. Reason: fixed pic

I think I like garage pics better than car pics but sadly, your first pic no workey for me

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Geez! I can just imagine the type of spread you're going to have there! And even though i can't see the pic either, I'm jealous!
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Hybrid booster

Weird - the same thing happened last time when I uploaded a pic using the "Post Quick Reply" button. Some kind of bug?

I was able to go back and add it back in as an attachment, so you should be able to see the dirt piles...errr, ummm...garage now. They're out there slapping together the forms and plan to pour the foundation this afternoon.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Not sure how I missed this thread! Are you going to make another driveway/path up to the new garage? Maybe we should have an informal NESDAC gathering to help you move things?
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

You haven't seen this thread at all Gary? Wow - must have been a good read if you went through the whole thing now. LOL!

The new garage is being built right at the end of the existing driveway, so no need to move anything. Well, actually, it extends a little to the left of the existing driveway, so I'm going to widen the end of the driveway at some point to make it line up. For now, I'll just put some gravel in that area.

The only thing I'll be moving into the new garage is clean, rodent free vehicles. No parts or any other junk is going in there and cluttering things up. I want to be able to easily see if/when those little suckers penetrate the new dwelling and eradicate them before they multiply like they do in my current storage building!

It was a good read, so much progress! I haven't been on as much lately, but started checking in more now that I have a GLHS.

I thought the picture was from the other side of the house, makes so much more sense now, I see the grill in the background.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

So how many lifts is the new garage gonna have??

Now that we can see day one pics, we're ready for days 3-4

FWIW I don't think 'post quick reply' loads pics. I've always had to use 'go advanced' Im no expert but I do have more pics loaded on this site than any other poster Post counts Pfft...

Hybrid booster

Holy Moly - never looked at post counts! Geez - I'm pathetic in that category compared to some of you guys. LOL!

OK, since I'm not making any progress on the car right now, I guess I can clutter the thread with a few garage pics.

Day 2 - collar framed and being poured:

Day 3 - collar forms stripped and wall forms in place:

The answer to the lift question: none!

The plan is to put clean cars in here and put the lift in my existing garage/workshop (after some modifications for clearance). That's next falls project!

JB

Name:	day2-1200x900.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	769.2 KB 
ID:	59390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day3-1200x900.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	651.1 KB 
ID:	59391  

That's going to be huge, it's perfect

Silly question, did you work with a regular building contractor or is this someone specializing in barns/garages? I've been thinking of adding another garage at my house too. Might just end up with one of those pre-built barns big enough for a car though.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

It's the same size as the other garage I have (24x36), so another 4 cars.

I actually got a ton of quotes and ended up going with a customizable "pre-fab" company. The addition/garage builders I called were all pretty shady. One guy showed up with his buddy and they had beers in their hands. Ummm...you know I'm not against drinking beer, but to show up drinking with a buzz and try to sell your services to me? Not going to happen! LOL! To their credit, they did come in with the lowest quote though...LOL!

My advice is if you do build, get as many quotes as you can handle. I got 5 for garage and 4 for the foundation and they were ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! I mean tens of thousands of dollars of difference! The two pre-fab companies were close and came as the 2nd and 3rd most expensive quotes. I liked the 2nd highest quote guys the best, so I went with them even though I could have gotten it from the other pre-fab place for 8K less. The foundation was the opposite - the two most expensive guys were jerks and I wouldn't work with them even they did have the lowest price! I really like the guy I went with and he was only 500 more than the lowest bid (but 7K less than the highest bid).

It's crazy out there...

And you better prepare yourself for the sticker shock in raising your property value come tax time...
    Wayne H.

Hybrid booster

That's one of the reasons why I went detached - much lower valuation. Plus, I'm not even sure it will be on my taxes - they just came through this spring and did the re-evaluation and I'm hoping they don't update their records and include this new structure until next re-eval in 2021. That's when this place goes up for sale! LOL!

Here's today's day 4 pic - walls are poured:

Jon

Name:	day4-1200x900.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	660.0 KB 
ID:	59393  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast