Thread: CD/Cassette Combo Radios

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

CD/Cassette Combo Radios

Hello all, these 3 have been sold. I will keep looking for more, so check back in a while!

Date: 26th May 2016
    Username: Turbo SOB
    Full Name: Jeff van Solkema
    City, State, Zip: Waterford, MI, 48328
    Price: $50 each plus shipping

Description: Hello! I have a few CD/cassette combo radios that I don't need.

Each of these has been tested in my GLHS and all of them work great. Cassette, CD, AM and FM all work. I have replaced all of the burnt out light bulbs and I have repaired any non-functional 3-band EQ LEDs (basically all of them). I have also cleaned any sticky or non-functional buttons. The balance/fader joysticks work with no scratchyness.

There's 3 available.
    1. P04704382AB
    2. P04704383AD
    3. P04704383AH

More pictures available on request.

Asking $50 for each of them, plus shipping. I accept PayPal, but prefer Chase QuickPay.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Last edited by Turbo SOB; 05-31-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Re: CD/Cassette Combo Radios

I'll take two of them. PM sent.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

Bump for these. This is what I have stuffed in my Daytona right now, and it's the only one I've tried from this vintage that has no issues playing burned CDs. Great little units.
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

Thanks for the bump! I keep my eye out for these all the time. I actually pass up more of these than I get. I only get the ones where the buttons are still matte finish and not all shined up by over-use. The second one pictured above was actually the one I used in my '87 GLHS for many years. I've since switched out to something closer to the appropriate vintage.

Hybrid booster

Definitely a great price for these units. I bought one off Ebay and it was a lot more bucks.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I am interested in one. Just sent you a PM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

So since you've worked with these SOB can I ask a question about them? Thanks I put one in that I got from a yard in my 89 VNT, when I move the joystick speaker fade/balance control there is a ton of white noise static and it never really sounds good from the rear speakers. Is this likely in the head unit, the wires(should be all stock but not 100% sure because I'm not OO) or the speakers?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

the number 3 (P04704383AH) is it available?

Hello all. All 3 of these have been sold. I will keep looking for more, so check back every now and then. I have a paint job to fund!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    So since you've worked with these SOB can I ask a question about them? Thanks I put one in that I got from a yard in my 89 VNT, when I move the joystick speaker fade/balance control there is a ton of white noise static and it never really sounds good from the rear speakers. Is this likely in the head unit, the wires(should be all stock but not 100% sure because I'm not OO) or the speakers?
    This is actually something that Allpar addressed. While it's not something I have personally dealt with yet, the problem is in the two potentiometers on the side of the joystick body (behind the faceplate). They can be disassembled, cleaned and reassembled. I think there may even be compatible pots available from DigiKey or Mouser.

I actually have some 5-band cassette only units that I plan to sell. Some of these have this problem, so I plan on fixing those, as described in the below link.

http://www.allpar.com/stereo/cd-cassette.html

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

OK, thanks. I had a feeling it was in the head unit. I'm not a tinkerer with stuff like that so I'll just keep hitting up the minivan section in the yards and grab another one

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Anyone interested in one of these?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Possibly, unless you know how to fix the one I already have. Still plays CDs but the radio is dead.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Yes, how much? And, I'll send in another, as core, or for you to repair and return. Several cars with dead or half dead radios.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

I'll go back and get it. Hopefully it's not a dud.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

OK thanks
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

I picked up the above pictured CD player today along with another CD/cassette unit. I just need a bit more time to clean and test them.

Later,
    Jeff