Thread: SDAC Shootout @ SDAC-26! Calling all Drag Racers!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

SDAC Shootout @ SDAC-26! Calling all Drag Racers!

SDAC Shootout @ SDAC-26! Calling all Drag Racers!

It’s that time of year again! Let’s get those hotrods out and do some Shelby Dodge racing! Bring your car, tell your friends to bring their cars too! It’s a fun time and the more racers the better!

SDAC-26’s Drag Day will host a full compliment of quarter mile fun including (but not limited to) Quick 8, Heads Up, Bracket and Turtle races!

SloweSpeed QUICK 8 The quickest of the quick try to qualify for the Quick 8 and the heads up racing action gets better each year. If you’ve got a quick car, bring it out! Racing at this level is All are welcome to attempt to qualify, but only the Quickest 8 will make the field. THANK YOU to SloweSpeed for offering the Quick 8 class payout!

FWD Performance Heads Up Race For those who did not make the Quick 8 and still like to race “heads up”, we also have our “Heads Up” race where racers can duke it out side by side on a pro tree! THANK YOU to FWD Performance for offering the Heads Up class payout!

FWD Performance Bracket Race For the serious drag racers looking to optimize both their driving skill and consistency, we also have a bracket race program. From beginner to skilled racers, this is where we see the extremely close races and photo finishes! THANK YOU to FWD Performance for offering the Bracket class payout!

Tortoise Race Growing in popularity each year, our Turtle Race has become a fun challenge for all. Some think it may be easy to run a 19.99, so if you think you can, come on out and show us! THANK YOU to Brian Cordes “rhymes with tortoise” for offering the Tortoise class payout!

But wait, there’s more…
    Just get your car together and running but not tuned yet? In addition to the SDAC Shootout classes, we will have open “Test-n-Tune” in the morning plus in the afternoon between rounds of eliminations. With our smaller group, there is usually ample time to make several passes and really get a car dialed in.

Anyone thinking their car is not fast? It doesn't matter! In fact, many stock cars out perform modified cars in Bracket racing. Stock cars are also easier to learn the basics and how to launch, shift and drive better too.

Anyone who has never been on a drag strip before? No problem! We offer basic instruction on the tree, timers, staging, shutdown, time-slip analysis, etc. to help you get down the 1320 and ensure a fun time is had.

Please see www.sdac.org for links to SDAC-26 event pre-registration and FAQ

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: SDAC Shootout @ SDAC-26! Calling all Drag Racers!

What was the Q8 bump spot last year? I think I'm gonna get a loaner set of 8.5X24.5X15's for RedBox. I hope Cordes makes it to Cali in it after I beat on it during SDAC

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    What was the Q8 bump spot last year? I think I'm gonna get a loaner set of 8.5X24.5X15's for RedBox. I hope Cordes makes it to Cali in it after I beat on it during SDAC
    Just keep stock axles in it and we'll be fine.

Bump was low 13's I think.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I hope to be in the top 32.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post

... slicks help!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Matchbox will be driven there....you all have a great chance to kick my rear...in 5 races this year I have won only 2 rounds, and one was due to my opponent red lighting! I suck. Mileage when I pitted at Lucas Oil Dragway (Indy) yesterday was only 310,350....over 310,400 now...add a crap load for one more race at Indy next Sunday and the Memphis trip!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Don't listen to Angelo, he's always on his game... maybe he's playing a game right now

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President