Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SDAC 26, Friday June 24th Getogether

SDAC 26, Friday June 24th Getogether

Anyone arriving for SDAC 26 is welcome to come to my house the Friday night before the event starts. Details are the following:

Location - 1415 Braden Road, Mason, TN 38049 The image on Google Maps shows a gravel driveway, but it is now paved. It's the SECOND driveway at the top of the hill, house faces the street. You'll see lights on, so you won't miss it.

Link - Mason Manor Google Maps Link
    Time - Any time you get into town until whenever. The autocross is the next day and early at that, so it's your call how late you want to stay.
    Accommodations - Obviously if you have your hotel booked, I'm expecting everyone will head there at some point. However, you are welcome to stay and just find a place to lay down. I have three large living rooms, a large open room above the garage, four regular size couches and plenty of floor space. I have bedrooms, but they are all accounted for, so the floor or a couch is it. I have about 5 acres, so if you want to camp in the back yard area, be my guest. For showers, I only have 3 full bathrooms and will be limited on towels and water pressure (depending on the number of showers at one time), so keep that in mind. This is not a offer to have everyone stay, but I certainly don't mind people crashing because they are tired or had too much to drink. Good judgement goes a long way.
    Beer - Bring your own or go to the local store and get liquor or wine or whatever suits you. I plan to get a couple of samples of local beers, but depending on who comes, not sure how long it will last.
    Food - I will do what I can to provide food, but again you are welcome to bring your own or go to the local Kroger and get supplies. I will have a grill present, so we can do burgers, or sausage or dogs or whatever.
    Entertainment - We will have SDAC stories, music, ping pong, a fire pit, a 4 car garage and some cars that need work..... Seriously, it should be a good time talking, catching up, drinking and what not. Depending on the time, fireworks may be in order, but after a period of time, they will not. I do have neighbors and will need to be considerate. Yes, I'm talking to DR. JONES!!
    Parking - Updated. There WILL be PLENTY of room for trailers depending on whether or not you come to my place first. There is a parcel of land across from my house, so if you bring a trailer over, please park on the NORTH side of the white post in the ground. I may add a flag to the post, but that is available for anyone bringing a trailer. If you prefer to park on my property that is fine, just was trying to make getting out easier. If it's raining, I'd like everyone with a trailer to park across the street. ALL cars can and should park at my house.

Right now I'm suspecting there will be about 30-40 people there, but I don't know what time everyone will make it in. If there are 50 people there, that's fine. If I don't know you or if we've only spoken on the forums, you are welcome to come. I hope anyone who will be attending the show and arriving on Friday will make it, I'd love to have you out to my house. SDAC is always a great time and the earlier we start it, the better.

Please ask questions if you have any and I will provide the address and location as we get closer to the event. There are a few different routes you can take, but I live EAST of the city off exit 35 (35 miles from the Mississippi River) on Interstate 40. Hope you can make it!

NOTE
    I am only saying this so it is said, do not bring drugs of any kind to my house or on my property. It may seem paranoid, but I know that marijuana is now legal in a bunch of states, but TN isn't one of them. And even if it were, don't bring it on my premises. We'll have plenty of fun with everything and everyone who will be there.
    Last edited by minigts; 06-21-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: SDAC 26, Friday June 24th Getogether

Thanks for the local hospitality bro!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Is it me, or is this sort of SDAC hospitality offer practically unprecedented?
    Jon, that is really great. Cheers to you! And your spread sounds like some won't want to leave!
    Does that mean 35 miles from the host hotel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Thanks for the local hospitality bro!
    Glad to be able to! Should be a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Is it me, or is this sort of SDAC hospitality offer practically unprecedented?
    Jon, that is really great. Cheers to you! And your spread sounds like some won't want to leave!
    Does that mean 35 miles from the host hotel?

Don't know now often it happens, but it does. I know someone who had a RV last year offered up his place after Carlisle to anyone who wanted to come over, Denny maybe? And I'm pretty sure some of the Detroit area people have done the same. I'm just doing it prior to the show for those coming early since the calendar for the event is really packed every night. And I don't want to take away from the parking lot antics during the time anyway. Hope you'll be able to make it in early enough to come!

The host hotel is at exit 12, so this is about 25 miles away. My house is about 5-7 minutes off I40 and from there it's probably another 20 minutes to where the hotel is by my driving. If Menagon is driving, it will take about 10 minutes.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

I'd like to leave after i get out of work Friday morning (from 12hrs of nightshift!) Which could put me there hopefully 7-8pm. But will depend on when my brother Dan flies in, and if he's rested enough for the first leg of driving.
    I might even be able to take 22&23 off from work, so in that case might try to get there earlier Friday afternoon. Need to book the hotel still also.

Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Do you allow pets? It's hard for me to leave my spiders at home unattended.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Ooooh... do you have one of those Amazon bird-eating spiders?
    I've always wanted to see one in person.

But i guess that would be a problem if Jon has birds...
    Wayne H.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Ooooh... do you have one of those Amazon bird-eating spiders?
    I've always wanted to see one in person.

But i guess that would be a problem if Jon has birds...
    I'm told I have an impressive collection of North American Attic Spiders. They are native though, none of them were purchased on Amazon.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

I'd like to leave after i get out of work Friday morning (from 12hrs of nightshift!) Which could put me there hopefully 7-8pm. But will depend on when my brother Dan flies in, and if he's rested enough for the first leg of driving.
    I might even be able to take 22&23 off from work, so in that case might try to get there earlier Friday afternoon. Need to book the hotel still also.

Well whatever time you get in Friday and want to head to my house, please do so. Anyone needing helping getting to my house can PM me and I will give my phone number for texting or calling. Going to update the OP to include the address so people can figure out where it is in relation to which path they are coming in on. It's super easy to get to from I40, so anyone on that route coming by should have no problems. North and from the west it may get a little tricky with traffic and from the north, taking the "back way". I'm use to it, but first timers may get lost. :-\

Thank you Mike, but I have plenty of spiders here hiding in nice cottony webs around the house. I get CHILLS just thinking about grabbing that lamp and hitting that web!!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

To heck with the host hotel, SDAC AT JT'S! Alright if I get there early, like Wednesday mid morning OK?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm bringing my dog, so what's a few spiders?

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    To heck with the host hotel, SDAC AT JT'S! Alright if I get there early, like Wednesday mid morning OK?
    I don't know if you're kidding or not, but if you will be in town that early, of course you can stay over. Aside from the fact you've hosted me at your house numerous times, you're a good friend and always have a place to stay in Memphis if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm bringing my dog, so what's a few spiders?
    Good grief, I don't think my house would survive your dog.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I don't know if you're kidding or not, but if you will be in town that early, of course you can stay over. Aside from the fact you've hosted me at your house numerous times, you're a good friend and always have a place to stay in Memphis if you need it.

Good grief, I don't think my house would survive your dog.
    FWIW, I plan on coming about two weeks early, but I may have to take off for a GNR concert on the day of this party.

hahaha, is anyone coming next week?

turbo addict

George and I are leaving on the 21st....should be there in time to "visit".
    We plan on a quick trip there and a multi-stop trip heading back.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    George and I are leaving on the 21st....should be there in time to "visit".
    We plan on a quick trip there and a multi-stop trip heading back.
    Quick trip to SDAC or to my house? You're staying for the entire event, aren't you?

turbo addict

Meaning as quick trip to Memphis as we can and a fun/slower trip back.
    Staying for the event, of course.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Garrett booster

Hopefully we will get to come over. If we leave and drive through the night we should be in around 12-2pm Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Thanks Jon for hosting! Looking forward to Mike's spiders..
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Meaning as quick trip to Memphis as we can and a fun/slower trip back.
    Staying for the event, of course.
    Oh ok. Thought you were, but when you said quick i thought it meant something else

Quote Originally Posted by cudagirl77 View Post
    Hopefully we will get to come over. If we leave and drive through the night we should be in around 12-2pm Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well if you get in that early, get some rest and then head on over whenever you like. By then I'm thinking we'll be setup and other people will be coming over.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post
    Thanks Jon for hosting! Looking forward to Mike's spiders..
    Now dont sell my spiders short,Ii have some too.
    Last edited by minigts; 05-22-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast