Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSR Electric Water Pump BUY NOW!?

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

CSR Electric Water Pump BUY NOW!?

I've been considering this for a LOOONG time, but just never could fork over the money:
    http://race-mart.storesecured.com/it...922-detail.htm

Well, BADANDY ordered one and was informed that he has to wait on a batch to be made.

Anyone else been considering one so we can get a batch made?

How about anyone that's using them....how's the experience been?

I usually just run my alt belt a little loose on the late styles to let the pump slip at wot!

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Re: CSR Electric Water Pump BUY NOW!?

I always wanted one too, but they are costly.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I could have sworn Meziere or someone else made them too,

What are the benefits to running one besides being able to cool the engine in the pits?

Do they free up THAT much HP?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

How many is their batch requirement?

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Tempting. This a pretty much bolt up?

Anyway to make an Alt. only crank pulley? Have a non-A/C one already.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Since I'm now apparently into doing group buys.... want me to set one up? I cant believe I just typed that
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 02-16-2009 at 09:44 PM.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

i have always wanted one too... group buy does sound good

Hybrid booster

Sounds very interesting!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post
    Tempting. This a pretty much bolt up?

Anyway to make an Alt. only crank pulley? Have a non-A/C one already.
    The alt and water pump drive off the same belt, so you should only need a shorter alt belt.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

You don't even need a shorter belt. AFAIK this is for the later style pumps, which if you are already running a 89 up commonblock pump, you just tighten the alt a little more.

I know that Lugert and bro have had a couple for a long time....don't know if either have tried them out.

I also know that the dude with the really bad*ss ground up daytona build (sorry, forgot the name and link) has one and is using it on the street. I don't think the car saw a whole lot of road time though.

My guess is it would free up 10 or so horsies. (disclaimer: I am guessing here.....please don't fill this thread with sh*t about how much a Mopar stock water pump vs. a Autozone reman pump vs. a Advance Auto pump that you spray WD40 in the weephole vs. a waterpump built by this guy that knows his waterpumps vs. a waterpump with ceramic bearings vs. a waterpump with sharpened and balanced vanes, etc. thread)

Now granted, this pump is going to put more strain on the alternator...that's nature, but I'm thinking it *may* flow better or as good as a stocker, and it's less belt drag.

What I've been wanting to do for a long time, and just never got around to trying was killing the alternator field wires at WOT. You would be running on strictly battery for 15 seconds or so? With an electric water pump, you would then have no belt drag, except for turning over the free wheeling alternator. I was wanting to get a Jacobs voltage stabilizer, until they discontinued the old model and came out with the like $500 model....ouch.... So I may still try it with with just a healthy battery. Cal guys....can you add this to the code?

03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    ....please don't fill this thread with sh*t about how much a Mopar stock water pump vs. a Autozone reman pump vs. a Advance Auto pump that you spray WD40 in the weephole vs. a waterpump built by this guy that knows his waterpumps vs. a waterpump with ceramic bearings vs. a waterpump with sharpened and balanced vanes, etc. thread)
    LOL!

What I've been wanting to do for a long time, and just never got around to trying was killing the alternator field wires at WOT. You would be running on strictly battery for 15 seconds or so? With an electric water pump, you would then have no belt drag, except for turning over the free wheeling alternator. I was wanting to get a Jacobs voltage stabilizer, until they discontinued the old model and came out with the like $500 model....ouch.... So I may still try it with with just a healthy battery. Cal guys....can you add this to the code?
    Not good on a EFI turbo car.... I threw an alternator belt off the 2.4L last year and it chuuuuuuuggged, but the MSD DIS 2 Plus and Aeromotove A-1000 guzzle voltage.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Don't forget the ported water pump comparison...

Thanks Mike sometimes I'm a bit forgetful.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Not good on a EFI turbo car.... I threw an alternator belt off the 2.4L last year and it chuuuuuuuggged, but the MSD DIS 2 Plus and Aeromotove A-1000 guzzle voltage.
    Actually, they chug the current. When the current is being chugged, the voltage drops.

That's why I wanted the accuvolt. The cheaper one. There still is some floating around on Ebay. Even when the battery starts dropping the volts, it will continue to draw more current on the input side to keep voltage and current demands correct on the output side.

I've got my ignition, fuel pump, and alky injection on the same 30 amp breaker. Last year for the first time I tripped that breaker a few times while headed to the road course at SDAC. I upped it to a 35 or 40...can't remember. So far so good.

Sorry you threw the belt, but I'm glad you know how the car reacted. Was this a strong battery?

I lost my alternator in my Shelby Z years ago and made it over an hour drive on just the battery. Granted though, stock fuel pump and ignition, etc. Big azz stereo, but I don't think I was using it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post
    Don't forget the ported water pump comparison...

Thanks Mike sometimes I'm a bit forgetful.

Ah d*mn..... Didn't even think to include a ported vs. a stock, vs. a custom non bolt on.

Where does your waterpump?

03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's

turbo addict

I'd like to have 1 or 2 of those electric pumps but times are tight at work and there's no way I can fork out the cash for them. I'm just gonna have to live with my ported and 3 fins clipped UDP driven waterpump.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

I was looking at them the other day on the CSR website and it stated for pre 89 engines. ???

Now, I have run a pre CB pump and housing on a CB and it works fine as long as the accessories are correct.

What are these, like $350-ish?? What about a remote mount universal electric pump?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

My guess is it would free up 10 or so horsies. (disclaimer: I am guessing here.....please don't fill this thread with sh*t about how much a Mopar stock water pump vs. a Autozone reman pump vs. a Advance Auto pump that you spray WD40 in the weephole vs. a waterpump built by this guy that knows his waterpumps vs. a waterpump with ceramic bearings vs. a waterpump with sharpened and balanced vanes, etc. thread)
    Holy sh*t, I fell off my chair and pissed myself,

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_User View Post
    I was looking at them the other day on the CSR website and it stated for pre 89 engines. ???

Now, I have run a pre CB pump and housing on a CB and it works fine as long as the accessories are correct.

What are these, like $350-ish?? What about a remote mount universal electric pump?
    That shouldn't matter, it will bolt up and with no belt, not an issue.

I would love one but can't justify the money, plus I am broke and if I did have the money, I would rather get a nice tubular header,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Actually, they chug the current. When the current is being chugged, the voltage drops.
    Doh! current ... I'm not an electrical guy

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Yeah I would also be concerned about clicking off the alternator under WOT. With the very high fuel pressure we use under boost, combined with alky pumps and ignition boxes, I don't think it's such a good idea. I saw a chart once that showed how an electric fuel pump can loose volume at high pressures as voltage drops. It's pretty scary.

I do like the electric water pump idea for the idea of switching on the pump and cooling fan between rounds to quickly cool down the cooling system without the engine running Of course, I'd like to have a battery charger on the car while doing that.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

I've used the Moroso Electric Drive Kits on higher compression V8's on the road without problems. I would imagine that one could be adapted to turn our water pumps without too much work.

Order a Moroso pulley, 97220, and see if it can be adapted to our water pump. Building a bracket for the motor should be simple. Then it's just a question of if you can keep the alt belt away from the new pump pulley.

On my carb V8 car, I see a drop in fuel pressure without the alt. belt and this is simply a Holley Blue pump in the back and a reg up front set at 10 psi. I'd imagine even worse things on one of our cars.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

What I've been wanting to do for a long time, and just never got around to trying was killing the alternator field wires at WOT. You would be running on strictly battery for 15 seconds or so?
    15 seconds? is that your goal for this year with the new setup
    My father is running a CSR pump on his 509 Reher Morrison BBC seems pretty nice
    I have an inline Deadenbear on my omni and love it
    You pull into the pits , shut the car off 45seconds later with the pump and fan running ,temps are way back down
    I do remember this being brought up back in the old TD days and some had the CSR version and liked it also

btw, didn't the GLHS stage II cals have an alt WOT field kill?
    I remember my GLHS' headlights flickering when going WOT and was told it was the volt drop because of the regulator being turned off
    I'm not a computer guy but I'm sure they could use the a/c wot cutout circuit for the a similar deal with the alt.
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast