Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official SDAC-26 Discussion Thread

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Official SDAC-26 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Maybe someone will need a new clutch after the burnout contest in Jon's driveway Friday night......
    That'll be an interesting one unless we take it to the road. Either way, I'm all for it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Don't you worry, they'll be some kind of parking lot rebuild going on, I'm quite sure...
    This was last year's SDAC lot rebuild but really it could be *any* year at SDAC

Stuupid auto rotate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150708_033855.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	58585  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Oh, sure. I would feel a lot better knowing that I could roll up and supervise a clutch job on day one though. I think someone does one each year.
    Well, I hope I'm the one to disappoint you... I know everybody chips in to get guys running(and I'm willing to help too), but being that I will probably be one of the only N/A guys there, and with a small clutch, I don't think parts will be readily available....

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    This was last year's SDAC lot rebuild but really it could be *any* year at SDAC

Stuupid 2.216VTurbo doesn't know how to post pics...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1466274730485.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	58586
    Fixed for ya....
    Also aside from my attire, was this the best dressed SDAC transmission swap crew to date?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1466274730485.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	58586
    Fixed for ya....
    Also aside from my attire, was this the best dressed SDAC transmission swap crew to date?
    I was just getting ready to comment on the outfits. I thought that shirt looked really nice on Kelly. It was a shame to use it for the trans swap. I hope he bought another one before he left town.

turbo addict

I may have to bring that shirt if I come out this year. Hopefully we wont have to put it back in service.

Is there a cutoff for the autocross registration?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    I may have to bring that shirt if I come out this year. Hopefully we wont have to put it back in service.
    Hopefully you do. You guys actually looked really cool in them.

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    Not that I've seen on the web site. Looks like you could show up that morning and pay the fee if you want to. Registration is still open online.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2385.html

I know it's a trek from CT, but it would be great if you can make it!

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    It will help them plan better if you can register early, but if you won't know for sure until you get ready to leave, I don' think they will complain if you register at the event.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post
    Well, I hope I'm the one to disappoint you... I know everybody chips in to get guys running(and I'm willing to help too), but being that I will probably be one of the only N/A guys there, and with a small clutch, I don't think parts will be readily available....

Scamp is all back together and running fine... Hoping to get it washed tonight & a few paint chips touched up, then start loading it up tomorrow evening for the drive Friday!!!

Boys, I have to tell you, I haven't been this excited about a road trip in quite a while.

Scamp is all back together and running fine... Hoping to get it washed tonight & a few paint chips touched up, then start loading it up tomorrow evening for the drive Friday!!!

Boys, I have to tell you, I haven't been this excited about a road trip in quite a while.
    hahaha, man glad to hear it's all good. You coming directly to my place Friday? Just wondering because I'm going to ask the guy who owns the land across from my place if everyone can just park their trailers there instead of having to try and get situated on my property and all that. Thinking it will be easier, but regardless, you can bring it to my house first if you like.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    hahaha, man glad to hear it's all good. You coming directly to my place Friday? Just wondering because I'm going to ask the guy who owns the land across from my place if everyone can just park their trailers there instead of having to try and get situated on my property and all that. Thinking it will be easier, but regardless, you can bring it to my house first if you like.
    We will probably drop the trailer at the hotel, nap, and head over. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are at least going to check in at the hotel and unload the un-necessaries there. Then come over... I've got to hook up with Adam Lengel at some point Friday night to get him his trans. Can't have that in the back during the auto-X....

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Was going to ask that question.
    Not sure if we'll drive past you to the host hotel to unload first, or if we'll stop with the need for vehicle-in-tow parking. Don't want to run the risk of having to try backing up with the van on the dolly.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by cudagirl77 View Post
    We will probably drop the trailer at the hotel, nap, and head over. 😁

Completely understand. I drove that trip like what you're doing, but in a car. Probably more time and more stressful carrying a car and trailer, for sure. Come over when you're good and rested.

I think we are at least going to check in at the hotel and unload the un-necessaries there. Then come over... I've got to hook up with Adam Lengel at some point Friday night to get him his trans. Can't have that in the back during the auto-X....
    Sounds good!

Was going to ask that question.
    Not sure if we'll drive past you to the host hotel to unload first, or if we'll stop with the need for vehicle-in-tow parking. Don't want to run the risk of having to try backing up with the van on the dolly.
    The area where you can park, either my house or across the street is very flat and plenty of room to turn around. Take a look at the aerial of my address 1415 Braden Road Mason, TN 38049 and you'll see what I mean.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Someone there was pretty clean....
    I don't always blow transmissions 5 hours from home, but when I do, I visit Marshalls after the parts store.

turbo addict

Completely understand. I drove that trip like what you're doing, but in a car. Probably more time and more stressful carrying a car and trailer, for sure. Come over when you're good and rested.

Sounds good!

The area where you can park, either my house or across the street is very flat and plenty of room to turn around. Take a look at the aerial of my address 1415 Braden Road Mason, TN 38049 and you'll see what I mean.

How late is too late to come by? My son (over 21) is coming too and we probably won't get to the hotel until about 8Pm Memphis time
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    How late is too late to come by? My son (over 21) is coming too and we probably won't get to the hotel until about 8Pm Memphis time
    Oh we'll be there for a while. I'm expecting people to start piling in around 7, but people can come as early as they like. I will be home all day.

Garrett booster

Today's the big day...heading out late late tonight and should get in mid-day tomorrow. See everyone soon!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast