Thread: Aluminum flywheel question???

Garrett booster

Aluminum flywheel question???

So, I have an aluminum flywheel. Ordered a new friction surface for it and noticed it doesn't bolt up. The new surface has a 18 bolt setup, my flywheel is a 20 bolt setup.. (in reference to the number of bolts that hold the friction surface to the flywheel)

My question is, does anyone know of any other manufactures of aluminum flywheels other than fidanza?

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Re: Aluminum flywheel question???

See FWDPerformance.com for the inserts. There are 2 of them. One for the older style and one for the newer style. Can't remember off hand which is which, thus directing you to their site.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

20 bolts are the old style, 18 are the new. I prefer the 20 bolt versions myself.

Garrett booster

Thanx for the info. I just checked fwdp site and they don't list any different inserts. Guess I'll just email them... Thanx again!

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Sorry. I ordered one for mine from them and they had both back then. It has been a year or so but didn't think they wouldn't have it.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

We can get the correct one for you. You would have to request the early style inserts in the comment field when placing the order.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/fida...ert-p-291.html

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We can get the correct one for you. You would have to request the early style inserts in the comment field when placing the order.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/fida...ert-p-291.html

Chris-TU
    I actually got the insert from you last year. I lost all of my emails regarding this when I switched to my new phone. I still have the plate in its original package with all the bolts and whatnot, it's just the plastic is well stained from dirty hands and from opening it... is there something that can be done???

We don't carry the old style in stock anymore but my supplier does. We just spoke with them this morning about it. Can you email me your order number or last name to chris@turbosunleashed.com. We should be able to take care of you on this.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

They stopped selling the old style 10 years ago. For a year or so they sold both versions In the same kit, then they dropped it. Dealing directly with them is terrible.... i have 2-3 new 18 bolt Inserts and no fasteners plus my platen is 20 bolt style
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    They stopped selling the old style 10 years ago. For a year or so they sold both versions In the same kit, then they dropped it. Dealing directly with them is terrible.... i have 2-3 new 18 bolt Inserts and no fasteners plus my platen is 20 bolt style
    We sell both the 18 hole and 20 hole plates. Just give us a call at 281-288-4411
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We don't carry the old style in stock anymore but my supplier does. We just spoke with them this morning about it. Can you email me your order number or last name to chris@turbosunleashed.com. We should be able to take care of you on this.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    I sent an email to your address approximately 3 days ago, just curious if you've received it?

Quote Originally Posted by 89scottytona View Post
    I sent an email to your address approximately 3 days ago, just curious if you've received it?
    Best to give us a call at 602-762-6678 as we are in and out of the office this week.

Thanks!

Chris-TU