Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consulier Car on ebay

turbo addict

Re: Consulier Car on ebay

A car is worth what ever the seller can get for it. That said, most in the last few years have sold for under $40k.
    Also, if I was offered that $65k for mine, I might turn it down.

Yes, the early cars only had one fan.
    the mirrors adjust, they are just adjusted down.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    A car is worth what ever the seller can get for it....
    Johnny, that was well said.
    There's what a seller may value their item at (which can include sentimental value and remains priceless) and what the market will support.
    I watch GLHS Omni's post for astronomical prices but as my Dad use to say... "Wish in one hand and *&#* in the other".
    For example, I'm looking to let the Team Shelby Charger #54 go to a new respecting home.
    One might think the racing history of the car, it being the only one shared between the eastern (Chrysler's team Shelby) and the western region (Paul Rossi) and it being one of six original development prototype Shelby Chargers that the value would be through the ceiling...
    To me, the value of the car and what is being sought is only equal to the time and parts invested to resurrect the car to functional status.
    In other words, the car 'itself' is being offered for free, once the parts and labor are paid for.
    With that considered - it's a reasonable selling price when compared to a $28k GLHS... but I'll still request to have what they're on.

turbo addict

For years these cars have sold for around $20k when they pop up. The fire sale brought cheaper ones that people with disposable income bought trying to flip to people that hadn't seen them before. Yes I think 65k is outrageous. The blue one with the T3 might of been 35-40k before it was wrecked. A clean driver around $20k still IMO.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Rayshin View Post
    Gentlemen new to the group, I am interested in the one that was just up on BaT and eBay. Is a series 1 fare different than the two other than the motor? Would I be better to wait and hunt for a different one and is the 65k reasonable? From the pictures the mirrors look droopy and I noticed that the exhaust looks different than other photos of the the cars. Lastly only one fan on the series 1?

Thanks for the help help and information.
    I can follow up on 2 I knew of in South Florida for you if you'd like. Droopy mirrors aren't an issue, it's just the way the mirror is set. New ones can be purchased reasonably if the joint is truly worn.
    Differences in series 1 and series 2 cars are primarily body composition and slight aero differences (front wheel opening), and the dash. Series 1 and 2 cars utilized the same motor from 1988 daytonas.
    There were a couple of different exhaust options, most came with a super trap, but I've got one with dual exhaust. Some series 1 cars had a single fan, some have two; I haven't heard of any cooling issues with the single fan cars.
    $65 is probably in line with where they should be, may be a touch high, but we've all had issues with a marketable price, due to low volume. Most cars viewed as track day cars are $50k+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12