I've always sworn I would leave my Scamp carbed, but recently I've come across most of the parts needed to put a turbo motor in it, and after driving my Daytona for a year, I am officially addicted to boost!

With that being said, I wanted to ask for advice from anybody who has converted an early L-body over to SMEC. What are the pitfalls? I have FSM's for both 83 & 89, so I know I can work out the wiring. The SMEC & harness are coming out of a P body. I know a lot of folks recommend using a mini harness, but since the 83 & earlier cars wiring is WAY different than 84+, I really don't think it's going to matter. My plan right now is to drive the truck as-is this summer, and start the conversion over the winter when I don't drive it anyways, so I have some time to gather info.

I've read a lot of conversion threads, so I'm prepared for most of the issues(I think). I know I have to get a TBI sending unit and install a turbo pump, unless I mount an external Walbro 255. I know I have a TON of wiring to splice. Just hoping for some guidance on what other have found/done to make this go as smoothly as possible.